Mattherson population

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Typhoeus, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Typhoeus

Is it just me or are we due for a server merge? Seems the norm for the past few weeks where we are lucky if we get an even 33% spread across indar. The other two coninents seem to always be 50%+ VS 10%- TR and whatevers left NC. I was looking foward to Hossin but I don't even see the point of it now if we can't even fill the three current continents we have now. The server is barren on the weekends during waking hours. Depressed :(
  2. TheHalo1Pistol

God I miss the days right after merge. Those were some good times.
  3. Halivar

sigh i feel you man its the dang 4th faction that has flocked to Vanu lately that had made us able to steamroll alerts. the exp is nice but i miss the challenge. Funny that the 4th faction seems to only follow max trends.
    • Up x 3
  4. MarlboroMan-E

Its more than 4th faction, it has to be. 40-50% pop globally almost all the time? How is that fun?
    • Up x 4
  5. Halivar

hey tr broke our lock on indar with 45% to 30% crushing with numbers is part of the game
  6. EliteEskimo

Everyone knows Mattherson is only at its best/balanced during prime time 6-10 P.M, afterwards the TR/NC drown in the Vanu hordes that eventually triple cap all 3 continents by 4-6 am every day. Today was pretty darn fun though, and I took this screen shot between 8-9 P.M to prove Mattherson still remains epic during prime time. :cool: [IMG]
  7. MarlboroMan-E

Crushing numbers at the continental or local level? Absolutely, that's either luck, skilled coordination between outfits or effective zerg wrangling. Well done, enjoy your steam roll. Massive global imbalance? Removes any form of skill and just hands the win to the imbalanced team. It's not about the VS, it's about the imbalance.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bavieca

the problem is that all of these late night alerts are feeding an extra ~10k xp to a side that is already overpop. They need to give an experience penalty for the overpop side. Sure numbers is a viable tactic to push the map, but to create a fun and enjoyable game you cannot continue to reward the side with the numbers advantage, it will continue to bleed the other two factions while the overpop faction continues to grow. when I play I generally have fun, we are learning to fight like guerrillas and that has gotten pretty fun but it is not really supported by the game mechanics and there is nothing in the game that really entices anyone to keep fighting. Most of us had the certs we wanted months ago, now the only thing that holds us is the fun of the game and there is only so much fun to be had by the faction that doesn't have all the cool toys and can't go toe to toe with the over pop faction. Provide an xp penalty for the faction with the pop advantage and you will see less 4th faction bs ruining your servers. I am pretty sure the Vanu veterans on this server don't appreciate their johnny come lately fotm players enough to be willing to get no real good fights on the front lines.
  9. Cl1mh4224rd

Well, the TR did have the global population advantage at the time. Also, it occurred during an Amerish Alert in which the majority of TR refused to participate, so they had upwards of 60% population on Indar at one point and between 40-50% for most of prime time.
  10. MarlboroMan-E

For the sake of argument, then, it seems that the VS chose fooling about on the alert cont with their ZOE maxes to defending Indar, whereas the TR thought zerging to break the lock was more important. Seems legit.
    • Up x 2
  11. Alexandrix

Most of the VS territory was already red before the alert popped.The vs and tr had pretty much equal pop for 90% of the fight before the vs bugged out at the end.Right before they were trapped in their warpgate.All the VS bailing just sealed the deal.

That being said,please spay or neuter your vanu.It's gotten out of hand.
  12. Nocturnal7x

No, we need the 4th continent. We need continent locking. That will help solve these problems.
  13. Ashnal

I was in a liberator during the TR capture of NS Material storage. Was fun doing full speed bombing runs and getting 4 kills a pass from tightly clustered TR troops spawn camping the VS.
  14. Salryc

I honestly don't believe that an experience reduction will do much. Even with a reduction to the overpopulated side, and an xp bonus to the under populated sides it's still easier to rake in the xp when the population is that imbalanced. Not to mention player stat increases. While playing on the under populated sides lowers player "bragging rights" (aka stats) and reduces morale, and results in massive rage quitting. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "well, I'm not playing in this mess, I'm going to play X until it's closer to normal".

I don't see why the devs don't just learn from what they did before, and include health/armour/damage buffs (in ratio) for the under populated empires. If you're outgunned 2 to 1, but have 50% more health/armour/damage (as a crude example) than it becomes possible to hold off larger forces, win, and the FEELING of being able to handle the zerg makes the player enjoy the situation again.

And giving players a personal buff makes them more likely to take advantage of it (oh yeah, gonna raise my K/D while the server is imbalanced!) rather than flee (well, I guess at least I'll get certs to upgrade if I log in on the high pop faction, even if I won't see much action). Naturally, the buff should scale to the population imbalance, and be listed when selecting a character.

I can't find the downside to it. It would keep the fights entertaining (because this is a GAME, and should be FUN) while still keeping the ego boost of killing (for all sides).
    • Up x 1
  15. Alexandrix

LoL yea.The TR on mattherson are so rabid for vanu blood now they will stand in fire to get a taste of it.
    • Up x 1
  16. S0LAR15

Who care about some time dependent Mattherson pop imbalance? I wish we could have server forums already so all this irrelevant stuff isn't blocking up the front page.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cl1mh4224rd

This is downright false.

[IMG]

I didn't take a screenshot during the Alert, but I assure you that TR had a significant population advantage. About half way through the Alert, a bunch of VS left Amerish and went back to Indar in an attempt to defend it, but they were still at a decent population disadvantage.
  18. Cinc

Nearer the end, I believe the TR pop fell to about 45%, the VS 35%, and then the NC about 12%... roughly (this all adds up to 92) but the imbalance wasn't actually that bad at the end, the TR only had about a 10% pop advantage. Of course, the NC teamed up with us as well.
  19. ThaddeusGriff

My outfit (NC) moved from Mattherson to Connery because of this. Now we can actually have fun.
  20. Leal

Matherson can hardly handle the population it has right now, a server merge will ******* KILL the server.