Matherson TKing to new extremes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baracuda, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baracuda

For those of you who do not know, there are 3 major outfits that are going far out of their way to team kill anyone in their way.

For the TR we have AOD and the Enclave. AOD is known for running massive tank zergs and killing anyone who gets in their way may that be friend or foe, they also tend to not have the brightest of leaders (tactically speaking). Most recently, BCP's merry gang started a TK war with AOD over this.

For the NC we have the outfit that replaced GOON, TAS. It has come to the point where I have to be more wary of my teammates than the enemy whenever I operate near a TAS platoon. They simply do not care and their leadership does nothing to even quell it, in fact they seem to encourage it.

This needs to be dealt with sooner than later because it seems like the people who actually moderate the game play do absolutely NOTHING to slow or stop team killing on this massive of a scale.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dingus148

"Hey, we were mindlessly zerging first! That's OUR thing!"

This whole situation has reached the point of parody.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rhyl

I have an alt on Matherson so I know exactly what you mean. I show no mercy to those that team kill me on purpose anymore. Often I'll be sniping and some moron will come up behind me (on my own team) and gun me down for absolutely no reason. In the first instance I thought at first these were people playing the opposite faction who switched to grief when losing the battle. I thought this until I noticed that the guy is now sniping from my old position.

Maybe he killed me for my position? That's not it. There were plenty of other hills, mountains, and other forms of cover he could have been sniping from. I thought he was simply an idiot. Then, a teammate who is heading to the battle stops to fire a rocket launcher at a tank about 40 meters from the team killers position. The team killer takes aim, kills my teammate, and resumes sniping at enemies. I proceed to jog up to him and gun him down at this point.

I normally play on miller and there are some deliberate teamkillers but my above story was only the first instance of my experience. Blatant teamkillers seem to be all over the place or I seem to be unluckily running into them. I have hardly any issues on miller.
  4. LordMondando

Matherson seems like a friendly place.
    • Up x 8
  5. RobotNinja

Like I already said, The Enclave is the backbone of the PS2 community...nay...it's very lifeblood! If it weren't for Buzz and The Enclave supporting PS2 literally no one would play this game or even know it existed. Why then would BuzzCutPsycho order his entire outfit to go and TK the AOD outfit in some sort of childish ego-measuring contest while AOD was securing hexes for the Terran Republic and then subsequently let the Vanu roll up those hexes?! That's preposterous. Only a complete, empty-headed, numb-skulled, slug-brained, meme-parroting, screaming 9 year old Call of Duty playing idiot would do something like that. That's definitely not how Buzz rolls. I'm not in The Enclave but everyone who's played with them and even against them knows they're stellar teamplayers, keen stategists and the utmost professional of sportsmen. That's not an opinion. That's a FACT.
    • Up x 6
  6. MajorZbug

My latest sunderer concurrency experience went like that :
    "Hey BMC guys, we have a sunderer inside the tech plant, we can't deploy because of yours, could you please undeploy ?"
    "Sure thing dude"
    "Thanks a lot"

Lots of violence as you can see.
    (Miller)
    • Up x 1
  7. Fox Reinhold

And nary a VS faction gave a ****. We work together so well, they had to nerf us into the ground via other routes.

(We really do, being in command channel is typically a nice experience)
    • Up x 2
  8. InMedeasRage

On Waterson, at least, its the feeling of being near perpetually out-manned post prime-time hours that probably fosters cooperation more than friendlier players.
  9. Bolticus

I'm not even going to bother explaining.
    If you really cared, you would do some research and find out the real reason behind the conflicts in Mattherson's TR.
    It's been going on for weeks now.
  10. Dingus148

Briggs TR is similar. All outfits tend to be pretty close because we have to be.
  11. XDDante

i've been running with TAS on Mattherson but just today some member of the outfit TK'D me, but just one time,other than that is a good well organized outfit,at least from my experience on this few weeks hopefully it will keeps this game for years to come...
  12. Bape

Im not gonna lie the TK is insane and I always move away from NC when we are capturing a base that where most of the TK begins. Basically daily life of an NC in mattherson freedom hurts :(.
  13. MurderBunneh

TAS is the largest outfit therefore when you get tk'ed which happens in this game the odds are greater it will be from an outfit with the most members.
    I am in TAS and run with them often I can tell you that it is most certainly not encouraged. Do I get tk by them too? Yes I do and sometimes it seems to be on purpose. And maybe it is but when you are in a large group there will be bad apples and there will also be people having a bad day that maybe are short of patience at the time.

The point is large group **** happens it is not being encouraged and if someone is pointed out to be a tker or troll they are dealt with. END OF STORY.

As for TE and BCP what did you expect from a racist childish neon azi?
    • Up x 1
  14. treeHamster

The Mattherson outfit players seem to be somewhat selfish immature people, on the whole (though there are some really nice, fun people here and there).

All I can say is that for the first time since GU02 almost two months ago, the VS on Mattherson has the TR AND the NC pushed to their WG's but were one territory short of a cont cap, between 1:00 AM EST and 2:30 AM EST today. It was amazing to see us nearly cap the cont (which we missed by a mere 10 seconds at one point). This is considering just a month ago we could barely keep our pop up to 25% and our territory control past Tawrich.
  15. MurderBunneh

Ya I hopped on my TR toon to make sure the cripples didn't let you warp gate them.
  16. fludblud

Whats happening on Matherson isnt just simple teamkilling, its technically Planetside 2's first major civil war. Basically the relations between AOD and TE have broken down so bad to the point they now hate each other more than they hate the VS and NC. Players from both outfits are now relentlessly hunting for each other across Matherson in a way that disturbingly resembles genocidal behaviour exhibited in Rwanda in 1994.

The typical knee-jerk reaction would be that this is bad for gameplay and everyone involved should stop and fight other factions normally like SOE wants you to. However, I would be willing to argue that such unscripted player narrative driven events provides a real opportunity for expanded events and player driven lore on top of PS2's standard gameplay that SOE should seriously explore.

Now I'm not saying that massed teamkilling is good, but having the ability to create and break REAL alliances and have serious unscripted events in the metagame like the Corrupted Blood Plague http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident that brings a sense of unease and uncertainty for players that goes beyond the next amp station, could in fact hold the key to PS2's longevity far more than new guns and vehicles ever would.

Now if only Woodman could have serious drama that only appears on Matherson.
    • Up x 7
  17. Kazzah

AoD do not go out of their way to Team Kill - I've had a character in the Outfit for around a week, and was playing when the leader of TE decided to team-kill us - there was a very quick order by the leadership for us not to retaliate and this was repeated many times and put as an Outfit message of the day too. Many Outfit members are new to the game and accidents happen when large numbers of vehicles are trying to get through various choke-points.
    • Up x 2
  18. Devrailis

I'm not really feeling it.

I haven't run into any organized TK'ing from NC at all. In fact yesterday, every TK I was involved in (whether I TK'd or was TK'd) involved apologies and no hard feelings on both sides.

Since I've been on Mattherson, I've actually found many TR to be very personable and fun to play with. Had a great session with a TR platoon pushing Crossroads yesterday for about an hour. There was friendly banter on both sides and we all just goofed around and had fun.

Maybe it's because I'm not in a large TR outfit so I'm missing out but I've had a pretty good experience with players from all factions on Mattherson.

Except for those damned BR 10 NC lightning drivers. They exist solely to torment me.
    • Up x 2
  19. VanuSovereignty

Most extreme case of TKing on VS on Mattherson is getting my scythe C4'd, once... Not that bad all things considered.
  20. {joer

As a former Soltech player, THANKS FOR THE MERGE SOE.

I'm spending a lot more time in the gym instead of playing or paying you.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.