Masthead flak damage appears bugged.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shadowflare, May 20, 2022.

1. Shadowflare

It has a listed flak damage of 175, when considering damage vs an ESF which is -180% armor to flak, it should take 315 damage, or approximately 10 shots to kill, if my understanding of armor and resistances is right.

Presently, the flak explosions set an ESF on fire at 5 shots, and 6-7 to kill depending on how long it burns.

ESF have 3000 HP, meaning each shot is doing over 425 damage, which is definitely causing this gun to over-perform, as well as it has a -gigantic- hitbox to catch an aircraft to spawn a flak explosion inside it making aiming literally point and click, this is easily viewed and reproduced in VR by intentionally missing an ESF by a fairly wide margin.

Even if I am wrong, this gun is hilariously overperforming, as infantry can easily down aircraft outside of render distance for insane amounts of damage. with minimal aiming skills.
  2. Shadowflare

I've been informed that -180% should actually translate to 490 damage per shot from the flak, so it's not really bugged, just hilariously overturned and the flak "hitbox" that makes the projectile spawn the flak explosion in the target is gigantic.

With that in mind, you should move the extended magazine for the Masthead to the rail slot because apparently that's where the TR magazine extension goes.

Idea for adjusting the Masthead: Give it an alt fire of flak that maybe goes out 50-75 meters with shotgun pellets of flak. The damage isn't as much of an issue as the range because infantry can actually snipe aircraft with this thing from ranges aircraft can't even see, -and- it hits like a truck. If an aircraft gets close to the ground and gets clipped by this, they will be able to have the chance to see their attacker and take steps to evade.