Massive Latency Issues Recently

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by iSammyJ, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ollister

i am on Matherson and this is what happened to me just a moment ago

[IMG]

latencey 69848ms
  2. drstrange2014

There is a problem with some Level3.net servers, especially the Las Vegas one. That is behind a number of the game issues with latency and high pings. SOE of course are pretending that they know nothing about it. Use a tool such as PingPlotter and you can see this for yourself.
  3. drstrange2014

And I now, thankfully, stand corrected as SOE have finally realized that there is a real issue.
  4. KaossKing

latency for the last week or so has been horrible for me on Cobalt. get about 70ms but it keeps spiking up to anywhere between 150-10000ms and the quality is nearly always poor/bad. pisses me off and my team, cant help them if im lagging around and cant shoot at anything. I dont have the best up and down speed in the world but only the last week it has become unbearable
  5. TSR AlexS Customer Service

I have been gathering info in regards to this. So far, It looks like it's an ISP / Level 3 related issue which is something you must contact your ISP about. If you still have issues, please create a support ticket.
  6. okolepooka

You're all lucky you're just now having this issue, I've been having it for the past 6 months and it has gotten worse and worse since than with the peak being this latest patch. Before the patch I could get 80-150 during the day and around 150-200 with occasional spikes to 500 that settled quickly during prim-time...now its around 200 during the day and 500 with spikes every few seconds 1k+ (the '+' meaning unlimited, hell I've had it get so high it disappeared) during prime-time.. OH I play on Matther...I mean Emerald where this has been hitting hard among alot of people from what I hear.

P.S
    With the huge amount of people having this issue I think its safe to say that it involves pretty much all the ISP's out there, in which case I think this means you guys screwed up somewhere with the last patch (which happens, that's OK) but to tell the players to resolve a problem with your product themselves...well, that's just plain stupid. You know what the majority of the people will do? "screw that, its just one game". Especially when you got to speak for an hour to a guy who lives halfway across the world with so thick an accent you can barely understand him who then tells you to reset your modem and your good and if not, call back tomorrow.....o_O
  7. Jerakl

Same for me, in all other games I get ~50-80 ping. Before I started playing PS2 again, oh maybe 2 weeks ago. I got a consistent ~70. Now every time I log in I get 150+ ping with no one else on my network. It's probably something to do with the servers, nothing the players themselves are doing/
  8. TheJuggernaut

Emerald is so laggy...
  9. Abraham with Cheese

On Emerald, I've hit latency past 50K at times. How high was my highest? Over 250K: that is just insane.
  10. KaossKing

still getting horrible ping on Cobalt, for 2 weeks now. not a word from SOe about fixes/progress

guess we wont hear anything till they figure out how to monetize the fix
  11. Leer

Is there a form/template/guide you can help develop for use to use? I contacted my ISP, Shaw in Vancouver, and they had a quick answer, "Our network is showing good times and this is off our network.". I had some good tracert over time that showed a dramatic slowdown between my ISP and gtt.net and on/off issues at level3.

What would be the optimal way to approach them and with what types of data in hand. What type of request should we be making to our ISPs?
  12. Codai

I've been lagging regardless of the time of day or player count since the US East merge to Emerald. I was going to write a long description of how increasingly horrible my ping is in different situations but to hell with that. The game is UNPLAYABLE yet AGAIN and for almost 2 weeks this time. When the game first launched and Indar had a queue 24/7 my ping rarely crossed 200ms...
  13. Kenda

Have this here since the new continenet update. before the ping is below 100, now is 250+ or a lot more. Playing from Thailand....
    SOE is not helping at all, I guess that's why everyone is leaving this game. Sony just don't care it's customers at all
  14. Darkwulf

Connery is still running like a POS for me. I even unsubbed over it. I am sure it will work itself out, but I live in California and get 200ms+ on the west coast server starting a few weeks ago.

Some days its the normal but those days have been few.
  15. ollister

lol i only just now realized i said Matherson, i meant Emerald

so yea extreme lag on Emerald and i spiked to nearly 70,000ms. that's unprecedented
  16. KaossKing

cmon guys we know you read this stuff, please at least acknowledge the issue and/or assure fixes or solutions are coming!
  17. GPBurdell

I'm on Emerald and this has been happening since maybe just under a month ago. Before then my connection was fine, but now I'm getting these 50000+ms pings and consistently Poor/Bad quality.
  18. Mikromancer

another briggs player here, getting the same massive latency on starting the game the first time, it takes 5 minutes then boots me out saying "timed out". works perfect the second or third time I restart the game. It seems to be almost exactly the same massive latency that we were experiencing a while back specifically on briggs due to character retrieval from LA. I thought they'd fixed that. but i guess hossin broke damn near everything.
  19. Ponx

hi all, i play on Cobald EU and i have the same issue since 2 or 3 monts, 1-2 days at week my latency jumps to 2000-65000ms during prime time 6-11 PM CET
  20. MacKnight

Also on Emerald 61403 latency,

forced the game to play through it, end result being walking around the world invincible while, threats on getting reported due to shooting people across the map/ hacking and so on.

my ISP says everything looks good on their end and did the usual "unplug everything and wait then plug it back in".

Going to submit a support ticket and wait another couple of weeks.