MASSIVE FPS drops with Update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Grandizer

Played last night, everything fine, no lag or fps drops. Always on max settings for 3+ years

I'm Usually anywhere from 130-100 fps in 96+and I never notice any drops that visually interfere with the game.

Logged on tonight after updating, I see the frames dropping to 30 and chugging. I asked in yell chat and people experiencing the same

It's really terrible and unplayable. Haven't had this before today's patch

just for reference
    32g ram
    3070 TI
    M.2 SSD
    • Up x 5
  2. Grandizer

getting 50fps in 48-48 fights too. The drops were on every continent so far excpet Hossin that I did not play today
  3. STONERSBLISS

i am also getting massive performance drops i am dropping below 50 fps in large fights which never happened before and going full potato doesnt help at all

i7 12700k
    32 gig ripjaw ram
    evga 3080ti ftw3
    m.2 ssd
    • Up x 1
  4. Grandizer

I'm now on Indar at 11:20pm, and the landscape is lagging here and there, stuttering at times. It's not quite smooth frames even though my ingame fps shows 150-190 in a fight 24-24. It's gritty and grainy and renders like it's 30fps at times. Was doing the same thing on Oshur.

At indar Ex, 96+ both sides, frames dropping to 40-50fps. Never had that before.

I remember this happening with the Bastion update, the game played like crap, lots of frame and landscape stutter
  5. Shani

i also have massive FPS Drops since the Update. Before i had almost constant 144 - 190 FPS. Since the Update FPS are around 80-109. If a Vehicle explode next to me, FPS are dropping to 20-30.

CPU: I7 12700k
    32gb RAM (Ripjaw)
    MSI RTX 3070
    M.2 SSD

Server Cobalt
    • Up x 1
  6. MUTALISKUS

+
    • Up x 1
  7. BigNStrauss

Yup same here.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

Same

5ghz 8086k
    3070Ti.
    4Ghz memory.

Game is awful. performance aside the flickering of various things is inttolerable. animations, certain dynamic lights, infravision.

NOT REALLY PLAYABLE for me at this time. Please fix.
    • Up x 2
  9. Yaesu

For me it was when I was near and facing explosions. Things just stopped for a few moments. Never seen it before this patch.
    • Up x 1
  10. MUTALISKUS

they're not going to fix it!? The game works as it is on a 12-year-old processor. Before the boats,
  11. Grandizer

I hope they do. Hope Mithril will acknowledge the post and confirm looking at it.

I started seeing the flickering textures

structure going completely invisible. Entire walls or small building structure just disappear and can see through the other side, then they appear if you take a step, then disappear moving back

players riding flashes with no flash rendered but see them on top of it riding around

pop in of players just appear out of nowhere 20 feet in front of you

Sound bug once again after coming from a full alert on Oshur and only playing a few hours, but guaranteed quicker sound bug once playing Oshur

After Bastion update, there were posts everywhere of massive screen stutter and frame drops but this is worse
  12. MUTALISKUS

large drawdown of - 100 fps when the sander explodes
  13. Mithril Community Manager

We are investigating these performance reports. We'll post something more official once we have more to share.
  14. Jabb0r

After the last update game is mostly unplayable for me. If i am in a vehicle or vehicles are nearby frames are dropping every ~1 second. To show this i attached 2 screenshots, one standing outside the other sitting on a flash. Look at the spikes on the frametime graph.
    Hardware: AMD Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

Standing:
    [IMG]

On Flash:
    [IMG]