[Suggestion] Maneuvering Thrusters

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by disky00, Jan 30, 2013.

1. disky00

This may have been suggested before, but I'd really love to have some maneuvering thrusters either added to the standard jetpack or as a sidegrade. They would allow for a short distance dodge to the side, front or rear, and could be activated by double tapping the corresponding WASD key. They would be able to be activated in mid-air, but would of course draw from the pack's fuel supply. Not only could this be used to dodge enemy fire or avoid hazards, they could also be used offensively to close gaps and get in closer for SMG, shotgun or knife kills.

I understand that fast player movement is something that has caused the development team an amount of consternation (although I don't quite understand why since aircraft move much faster), which is why the Icarus jets were removed, but I wouldn't expect this addition to move the player a very long distance or at a very high rate of speed. I feel that this is something that could be done without breaking the game and it would suit the class well.
  2. Minsc

Cool idea, would be great for getting out of the way of a surprise NC Scattercannon MAX, but balancing the speed and fuel use would be a pain.

Also, it's infantry acceleration that does it. Too fast and you teleport instead of move. Aircraft have different movement ticks than infantry I guess, or they don't accelerate as fast the icarus jump jets. Who knows? Well the devs do, but they don't want to fix the Icarus Jets. Probably because it would require more frequent client to client syncs on movement, which would lower FPS a lot.