Man screw this.. all my WDS points are gone?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrTeeth, Feb 11, 2014.

1. DrTeeth

I had ~1500 points earned and I was looking forward to the final reward, maybe even getting a nice item like the black SMG. I login just now and I'm back at ZERO!

I can't believe I bothered with this to begin with, but what else could I do for the last few days when the whole game was zerging for these points? Ok fine, I give up on this WDS thing.
    • Up x 2
  2. Lewk

Hate to do this but... "cool story bro".

If you are missing points that you had, then you need to submit a ticket.
    If you were expecting to actually get a black smg from the final reward... well, i can't help you with that. Try to google "insanity" and see what comes up.
    If you are really zerging/ghost capping for these points then you need to consider that there are alternatives. I have gotten all of my points for two characters now without ghost capping a single base. They also changed the way you make points now, with the emphasis on defense.

Also, "i cant believe i bothered with this to begin with" sounds pretty silly considering it is just a for fun event that you can accomplish without having to "bother" with anything. It was your choice to be dumb and ghost cap.
    • Up x 2
  3. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

what ever will you do without those 1 hour boosts
    • Up x 1
  4. TomoB

As it says "weekly WDS points" at least my logic says that points willl reset each week.
  5. rondertaker

mine are gone too. also re: weekly - i believe it was stated they would reset early AM friday
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

Mine have gone too, from ~1200 on my main to 0.

It's not a weekly reset unless a week is now 3.5 days long. :confused:
  7. DrTeeth

Yeah I understand that but it's only Tuesday.. I really think they have messed up here.
  8. Hicksimus

I'm excited to re-roll my rewards personally. My third tier was probably going to be more camo anyway.
    Sweet! More 1 Hour boosts, I actually like these.....great for a BioFarm brawl
  9. Blastuh

This sums it up
  10. doombro

That's a good thing. You can now earn more than 3 prize boxes.
  11. Goretzu

It's not the end of the world, but it could well be most of someone weekly playtime already gone.

And if it can by someones points today, it can be your points tommorrow.
  12. Blastuh

I am not trying to rack up WDS points. The only WDS point I have accumulated are the ones I got as a result of my normal play style, which is defending bases. I would not be effected at all if my WDS points disappeared tomorrow.
  13. Goretzu

Fair enough, they might. :eek:

But you have to understand if people were aiming for 2000 and have lost them all they are unlikely to be happy about it.

It's supposedly on the known issues list, although when it if ever it'll be sorted Vanu knows.
  14. Flapatax

18 single uses all for the low price of ruining the game.
    • Up x 1
  15. TomaHawk

I thought that boosts ticking away even when your offline was the paramount of stupid until I read this. Resetting player's rewards? lol... talk about doing stupid sh** to piss us off...
  16. Chipay

You should be happy, you got 3 more chances instead of just 1 more to get the SMG
  17. LT_Latency

They messed up, Yesterday there was a timer counting down that said we had at least 3 days left.

I was at 1850+. They should fix it our just payout to everyone.
  18. Ghosty11

Remember this is WDS BETA 2. They rolled out a new scoring system and thus reset your personal scoring to see how it would be affected by the changes. It's kinda pointless to change the scoring then leave everyone's personal score intact. No feed back data would be gathered if everyone is maxed out on personal point already.
  19. deggy

Sounds like they forgot to tell the database to save that stuff when they did the maintenance earlier.

Just be glad nothing worse went wrong, all your character data is stored on those same servers. It could have gone so much more wrong than WDS points being lost.
  20. Goretzu

Did they do it to everyone? If so fair enough (sort of), but a lot of people in-game were claiming to have their contribution points intact. :confused: