Make the Gatekeeper great again

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by typnct, Nov 27, 2017.

1. typnct

seriously the gatekeeper is... meh at close medium far range(ive tested it out 2 kills in half and hour)
    it doesnt do any splash dmg that is remotely lethal to anything, its view is meh - you can aim up or down too much

its medium range capabilities are meh because its really low dps to everything

basically what im trying to say is make it excel at something because it makes no dmg whatsoever at all ranges
    and its usability is really really rare
    kiting flanking far range all range

existence is pain in the gatekeeper

what i advice: 200 dmg 1m, 15 or 20 bullets per mag(2 sprays per mag)
    lethality - light vehicles or heavy armor(not both)

view - its important you need to be able to watch at 270 degrees( cant look back )
    and 75 degrees up to the ground

this will make this weapon viable at far range and dangerous at close range because you cant look back so you need to keep your distance while preparing to be flanked

this is my solution to the gatekeeper(its really only used by new players that dont even know what to do with it and everybody just neglect it as if it was trash(it is... well atleast now)
    i know that most people will be against it and im prepared

the gatekeeper does less dmg than every other secondary
    it is useless(i can do more dmg with inf weapons!)

but the other solution is to always make the harraser a solo guy with a gatekeeper(dont need 2 guys to pilot it as the driver is also the gunner, yes i know its stupid as a driver cant gun at the same time(lightining))

anyway i want your opinions and the devs opinions on this matter if they have a solution(narrowing led to more uselessness due to the disbelief that this weapon can kill anything)
    or at least some thoughts on this matter from the devs would be apreciated as i would see that you actually thing of this matter really bother you(yes i know that one guy found a way to use it effectively but it was a really rare scenario which doesnt happen at all, we will see aliens before it repeats)