[Suggestion] Make the game more attractive and visible for people who dont play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeurreDePine, Jul 31, 2015.

1. BeurreDePine

This game is awesome but we need more people to know it and keep playing it so i have simple idea to make it more attractive and visible without affecting the gameplay in any way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1).Graphic. The game graphic are good but will be soon outdated compare to new game graphic so there is simple idea to make it "on point" without doing a remake of textures and models.

.1. Fix PhysX and MotionBlur those awesome effect will "boost" the look of the game and are already existing feature.

.2. Add TESSELLATION option from "disable to x4" everytime i look at ground texture i found them amasing and i cant imagine the game with tessellation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (2).Option/Feature.

.1. Add a ingame recorder this will result in FREE PUBLICITY as player will record and post more video on the web. A good example of game recorder is Dxtory it connect to DX and record the output so it dont take a lots of resource and record quality is 1:1. you can do something simillar.

.2. In "Q" interaction with player add INSPECT PLAYER so new player will have better idea of what people use and what is good for them.

.3. those are personnal fancy request ->. Add back "resource flow" option in map and Add in audio option a "disable music" checkbox so it will be completly disable instead of simply turn the volume to 0.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you found my post instresting it will have positive impact on the game without affecting gameplay in anyway and most of my request are feature that already exist or feature that are simple to do and dont take months of work.

PS.sorry for my english im french :p
    • Up x 1
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

I think the reason why PhysX was removed in the beginning was that, if I recall, it crashed a lot or something similar so they ended up removing it to get rid of the issues associated with it. I've seen a fair few threads asking for its return but right now I don't think it's a huge priority in comparison to some of the things that could be fixed/improved, such as the resource system that you've mentioned.

It wasn't until I played this game that I finally realised just how many people actually liked motion blur. No matter what game I play I always turn it off because I find it irritating and it kills my eyes but I don't see why there shouldn't be an option for those who do actually want it.

If I recall correctly, there is an in-game recorder that can be found under the Video section when in-game though whenever I'd attempted to use it'd pop up with some message saying it's unavailable so I presume either I've done something wrong or they've disabled it for the time being. I expect other players will be able to shed far more light on this than me.

TF2's inspect player was fun to use, spamming my inspect button on every friendly player I could find and I don't see why it can't be added to PS2, but at the same time I don't know if a person's loadout would 'help' a new player since loadouts are a subjective thing and each person has a loadout tailored to them specifically. If it were to be implemented I don't see it being too much of a bad thing but I do think it would take some time to develop and the creation of it would probably take a backseat for quite some time.

The resource system. Where do I start? The resource revamp in its current state is, in my personal opinion, still half-baked. Capturing bases don't feel like they mean much. Sure we get a shiny new territory with some outfit who helped out the most be perched atop each of the base's flags but we already get 50 nanites every 60 seconds. There have been very few times that I've ran out of enough nanites to spawn anything and the majority of the time I last long enough that I've already made up for everything I've lost upon my next death. Capturing bases need to mean something again!
  3. BeurreDePine

yeah somebody told me that Physx was causing crash but he told me too that Physx particules would stay on the ground for ever .if you make them disapear a soon they touch the ground it may fix it if the problem is a "server struggle". I know too that resource have to be fix but theres about 20 post for that 1 more would be useless. And tessellation was never mentioned if im correct, this feature will increase the whole game realism . I would really like it if someone care about my post at least just add tessellation and add player inspect.
  4. BeurreDePine

if someone from PS2 dev team se my post and know PhysX a simple way to prevent it from generating bug or crash is to set them to be "delete on collision" and they shouldnt be allow to collid each other or with player,vehicule,bullet, everything that is player animated they should simply pass trought till they touch ground , water , wall , anything form the map itself , then they got 'delete on collision' i have work with PhysX a bit and it was the easiest solution that prevent the most undesirable effect from it I hope this post was helpfull to you cause i love your game
  5. BeurreDePine

by them I mean particules sorry for the lack of precision
  6. Liewec123

the way they bounced and rolled was part of what made it so dam beautiful!
    [IMG]
  7. BeurreDePine

yeah PhysX particules are really enjoyable when they have thier full effect but at least the time they fix it completly they can use this method temporary. But honnestly i have seen a couple gameplay video of PS2 with Full PhysX on and your damm right it was beautifull !!

From my experience with PhysX its really hard to make PhysX particules react with animated stuff cause if theres bad sync , high latency , whatever it can fusion inside the animatedd thing and start shaking as hell or freeze this often result in error and can make the server go crazy after doing my easy step the should try to set it to only react with map like bounce on floor and all but go trought animated stuff first, and after if they are in the mood make them interact with animated stuff
  8. Pikachu

I have never playes a game with tesselation but octupling the polygon count just sounds scary. :confused:

PhysX I only cared for the airlifts. Man was those flowing particles pretty. Bullet sparks on the other hands were too much whwn playing scatmax. I didnt care for the explosion dirt. If there were more particles and it made a parallax map fake hole then maybe it could be good.

TLking more graphics, I wish shadows wold be prioritized differently. I really dont think its more important to have them enabled for flash lights and vehicle lights and teleporters han to have them enabled for some building lights.

Something the game needs for new playees is an ingame manual.
  9. BeurreDePine

I dont remember in witch game i have seen that but particules was boucing/rolling on ground and the slower they move the faster they melt in the ground to finnally be deleted and if after 30 sec. the particules was still moving it will simply vanish this is a nice fancy way to prevent struggling
  10. BeurreDePine

LOL yeah a ingame wiki-like will be pretty awesome but i still want player inspect option sometime I see a teamate using somekind of weapon that i want but i dont know what is it and have no way to know it exept asking and its way more longer than inspect and player dont always answerd ingame question but your ingame manuel should have been part of my post

and yeah hole would be good but theres already "hole" from explosion but its more like black spot with shader a 3D hole like ur talking would be even more enjoyable but theres so many player it will kinda make to much information and the whole need to desapear at sometime if u dont want to overcharge the server so if there someone itside while it disapear he will be stuck or catapulted couple centimeter in the air , of course theres proper way to do it but since they have difficulty to fix motionblur i dont think those hole would be an option for them exept if u can explain them how to do it without overcharging the server and generating error it will take too much time for them to do it , they are able but they are mostly working on bug for now even me i told the simplest way to temporary fix PhysX and im not sure they will make it , i dont want anybody to think they are not able its just not thier priority , at least i think its not cause since i start playing it never at been fixed
  11. BeurreDePine

even if they dont have the same priority as me i sitll enjoy the game and spend money on it its the only game ever i gived money to them.

And yeah shadow are the feature that make my GPU rush the most like from minimal to ultra not to big difference both are laggy but from disable to minimal it remove me about 10fps (on minimal compare to disable) they should concider your shadow priorisation idea it would make both of us happy and im playing with a GTX so im pretty sure were not the only one that shadow greatly affect gameplay
  12. [K29C] Gwennec

Having PhysX return to the game would be a massive visual improvement. I know some people argue that it isn't important but I would strongly disagree. Good visuals help to immerse a player into the game, thus that helps to keep people interested. It won't be the case with everyone but the vast majority would prefer it with the added visuals.

Better visuals like that also make the game much more enticing to potential new players when they see screenshots or player videos. The original Planetside 2 official videos are a perfect example of this, they are completely full of PhysX particle effects which is now misleading to new players as they'll join and find they can't get their game to look as good as the advertising videos. Honestly not implementing this is likely doing more harm the bugs that it used to cause.

I know the game struggled with PhysX before but that was a long time ago now and PhysX has come along way in development making it much more stable. Daybreak would probably be best off doing a completely clean implementation rather than try to fix the old PhysX system.
  13. CorporationUSA

This game is pretty dated when it comes to graphics, adding physx and other things isn't going to make people have to try it out.

What the game needs is to stop trying to grab mmo casuals and to start going after people who want a fun shooter, but on a larger scale. In any mmo I've played, the casuals are a cancer to the core game. These are the ones who treat it like a glorified chat room, and their character is just their dress up doll. The inspect player thing is cool, but the game needs to be overhauled to improve the core experience, and then built around that. Right now it's just a bloated sandbox shooter, which isn't going to keep most people once the initial aw has worn off.

So I think you have it backwards. The gameplay should be changed, while the graphics should be low priority.
  14. [K29C] Gwennec

I never said the gameplay does not need overhauls however you underestimate how strong an effect eye candy can have on people.