[Suggestion] Make /suicide useful

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, Apr 21, 2016.

1. DarkStarII

By making it so that there is no waiting time to deploy after doing this. Currently it only saves a second or two.
  2. FateJH

[Counter Suggestion] Remove /suicide
    • Up x 8
  3. _itg

Why? The only reason I can think of is so you can be smug about how you're willing to hurt your KDR to get around faster.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shiaari

And this, kids, is another reason why KDR is the most completely useless statistic in the history of gaming.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

This
  6. Endlave

/suicide is a thing?

Why not simply decrease redeploy timer to 5 seconds...? 10 are way too much anyway.
  7. Retief

/suicide and redeploy are intentionally designed to prevent people from quickly travelling across the map by using them repeatedly. Letting people respawn at their default spawn point immediately after a /suicide might be reasonable, but spawning elsewhere needs a delay.
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

• Up x 4
  9. Pirbi

But /suicide is painless. It brings so many changes. And you can take or leave them if you please. Planet side is hard to play. You are going to lose anyway. The losing card of some delay. So that's all I have to say.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nalothisal

Nice MASH Reference there.
  11. DarkStarII

if it's not going to be useful then I agree.
  12. oTec

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Shiaari

4077. We have a winner.
  14. Metalton

Just. planetsides version of the /stuck command, a Beta command that just never got removed. Don't see a point to Devs wasting any time on it .
  15. OldMaster80

Isn't /suicide a feature of the old times before redeploy was a thing?
  16. jmdafk

If people are willing to sacrifice KD for there factions success they deserve a reward.
  17. LaughingDead

It does screw kdr and it can lead to not getting into high level factions as that requirement. I plus one the removal of it.