Make Sprint a non-suit slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by JonboyX, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

Eh?

No, I want the Infiltrator to finally emphasize stealth and have a fleshed out role (Hacking) while providing the Light Assault with a method of experience generation and interesting tracking tools via recon. For example, I want those detection darts to be Light Assault exclusive...and if you tag someone with them, that person shows on the radar as though they would on the Motion Sensor.

That wasn't my point within the previous comment though. My point is that we got an update first...which provided us with nothing except some new rifles that we didn't even need and an overall nerf anything beyond sniping. You know I'm huge on sniping...but they're pushing us into a purely sniping role with this update. Might be why they're giving detect darts to everyone...........we're not going to be close enough to use recon darts anymore.

Regardless, what I meant was count your blessings. The Light Assault update isn't scheduled for a while...so the majority of you can come together and get some ideas fleshed out, support, and propose these ideas with a very significant backing when your turn comes around.........................and potentially avoid what we got.

We're not happy with our "update" at all.
  2. Iridar51

I'm not a frequent visitor of infiltrator forums, so I'm not sure if the situation there was similar to what was happening here, but basically every feasible idea was already gone over many many times, and I highly doubt what was discussed here will have any effect on the actual revamp.

Were there a lot of ideas for the revamp on the infiltrator forums? Do they have anything to do with what's going on with the revamp? SOE took a lazy out of this "revamp" system. Players were expecting a redefining of the class, instead they get a few new toys.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

Indeed...

We all had ideas, I was pushing my own a good bit several times over throughout the course of the game. What we didn't have was a huge push...despite my abundance of quick support. If the Infiltrator update is any indication of what they plan for future class updates...everyone should really be complaining about this.

I understand we're one of the most loathed classes...but this was truly ridiculous. We all need to start working together more so that we can get the game where it needs to be, with all classes fully fleshed out, interesting, balanced, and enjoyable.
  4. Iridar51

Then we got to go to higher-ups. B****ing about things here on forumside is a useless endeavor. I'm not well versed in SOE's structure, but it's been made clear that those who actually make decisions on "what to implement" do not visit official forums at all.
    At best, we can sometimes talk to devs who figure out "how to implement", but the overall development direction is not decided by them. I assume, such decisions are made by Higby, so we have to go directly to him on reddit + twitter, because complaining to Luperza or devs here will never change the direction of the revamp.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Agreed, and I do.

Just recently I tweeted my thread about the two of our classes to Higby along with a, "At the very least, don't rush this update." They shouldn't be rushing these updates, they should be taking their time working on the issues that need addressed more than anything. Tossing up the various additions and changes onto the test server for us to provide feedback, making tweaks and changes accordingly, testing some more, and ultimately refining the updates into what they implied they would be. Instead...not only does it feel rushed, but it doesn't really address anything that we have wanted addressed since launch. The one thing they implemented that we actually have been waiting for was weakened to the point where no one wants to use the thing.

It's all very disappointing and not something I want to see done with ANYONE'S update...let alone the class I play. I want the issues solved with all our classes, I want us all to have unique weapons and tools, I want us all to be challenging adversaries with defined roles within the battlefield that we can delve into. This game has a huge degree of potential...

Seems Wrel found my thread interesting: The Auraxis Day.
    • Up x 1
  6. Iridar51

I stand with you. Best of luck to us!

Edit: how do we proceed?
    • Up x 1
  7. Catch23

You don't understand...I'm not concerned about KDR in this discussion because I don't have problems keeping it on a decent level with any class.

This discussion is about: why play LA at all? There is little you can do exclusively as LA but much more that you will miss.

I can kill more easily as infiltrator + I get useful tools with it. Cloak/ SMG/ BASR is as good as Jets/ Carbine. But Darts are devasting and hacking is at least better than Triage or no tool at all.

Infiltrator players get the most goodies because they cry loudest. Most on Forumside don't value their stealthing ability, they don't value their double radar perk and they find hacking AV/ AA turrets generally useless. They are complaining about everything. They are selfish.

This is because its very often typical snipers who can't CQC and demand class abilities that empower them to stay competitive at short range without picking up actual skill.

Give the infiltrator tools to a former LA player and he will be more effective than these snipers AND as LA.

Give Jets + C4 to these infiltrator players and they will do worse than before.
  8. DeadliestMoon

I suppose we try to reach out to them as much as possible. Without being hostile, condesending, or demeaning towards them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Moisture

This is where we disagree. No class can touch LA for what it does for me.
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

Indeed...

As DeadliestMoon has stated, we need to try and quell our frustrations and rationalize our points while seeking to view things from the other side of the fence. Many base their opinions off frustration rather than balance...and an excellent example of this is when the development team implements something overpowered. Instead of seeking balance, the factions subjected to the overpowered aspect incorporated develop a frustration based hatred for the players that used this item...even if they, themselves, would have done the same had they been in the shoes of these players.

So, instead of seeking actual balance, it's just blind rage and screams for nerfs...which seemingly compel the development team to overcompensate in response to the droves of hatred for the particular item. The item in question becomes nerfed into utter annihilation...something we have all suffered from in the past. The nerfed faction becomes jaded, and when another faction gets something overpowered...these individuals grin and think to themselves, "Our turn..." This needs to stop...or the interesting and exciting aspects of the game will never be a feature we use do to the constant overnerfs.

We also need to push the development team into taking time with these class updates and have a presence upon the test servers whenever there's something huge being incorporated...work with everyone because those very same people are going to be judging your updates in the future. We need to remember that the game needs everyone to succeed and regain the population we lost...every class needs to be unique, exciting, and enjoyable to play. Only then will we have some enjoyable battles and a game with the same future that was envisioned at launch.
  11. Catch23

I used to be of that opinion too, after all I played LA pretty much exclusively, but after airborne shooting getting nerfed with laser sight benefits not applying anymore while jetting and ADS aim getting thrown off when sliding down hills I came to the conclusion that jetting isn't good enough anymore. neither in comparision to HAs (when duelling them) nor in general.

each to his own and preferences may differ but imnsho recon darts give infiltrators the upper hand - as an infantry assault class. additionally they can support as well.
    LAs on the other hand can't support and don't do better as infantry killers if played by the same person given some time getting used to it.
    • Up x 1