Make Sprint a non-suit slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by JonboyX, Feb 6, 2014.

1. DerEchteSpatz

**** the Infiltrators! I'm sick of that! Everytime a LA creates a thread about a revamp-suggestion, hordes of Infiltrators start to whine about how much more they deserve buffs and blablabla... :mad:
    • Up x 1
  2. Selrahc4040

On the bright side, they force us to make our arguments more coherent, kinda like an argument-whetstone.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zurhidon

To be fair, none of them has said that the LA shouldn't get buffs, just that the infiltrator needs buffs as well (and in this thread, it seems the "hordes of Infiltrators" are just pointing out a fact, not neccesarily whining).
  4. DeadliestMoon

It's implied.
  5. DeadliestMoon

Well it's not an issue of who needs the buff, it was an issue of who needs it more or first. Clearly the Infiltrators won by getting themselves bumped up while pushing LAs to be after Combat Medics now.
  6. Aegie

30% may be a bit much, but as of yet choosing LA means not having all the great abilities and tools of the other classes so I do think the mobility comes at a high price- especially in light of the fact that with practice you can scale just about anything with any class (other than MAX perhaps, never tried).
  7. Moisture

Surprise and positioning trumps everything. the value cannot be overstated. The potential combat advantage you get with a jetpack is near exploit using in terms of effectiveness. The skill ceiling is so high you'll need a space program just to see it.
    Oh and on note of tools. I feel like C4 is in fact the to the light assault what the med gun is to the medic. This should be built into the class if you ask me. it completes the class entirely.
  8. JonboyX

I don't feel bad for saying it. Crikey, the arrogance of some people.

By the way: the 100 points less armour argument? A terrible one.
    200 damage tier gun; 5 bullets to kill regardless of 900 or 1000 health
    167 tier gun; 6 bullets to kill, regardless of 900 or 1000 health
    143 tier gun; 7 bullets to kill, regardless of 900 or 1000 health

It might differ a tiny amount if you choose to add nanoweave on, but the reality is that this is a legacy implementation so that when snipers stand off against each other a headshot is a guaranteed OHK. Its moot now because they changed how NW protects from headshots for all classes except a max. I could also counter-argue that the shielded cloak gives you extra health if you think the 100 health really does make a difference in most fights?

... which is all irrelevant. There's a forum for infiltrator threads. Their utility far outweighs a light assault insofar as they have hacking and motion darts, as well as the cloak.

Light assaults have no utility other than being able to change height. That's great, don't get me wrong, but I think they should have a slight speed bonus. Those people that have it slotted aren't currently super-powerful. I bet its a rare implant, and its rare because NW/Flak/Bandolier is just more useful. So, as per my original statement, a passive ability makes sense.

PS Other people: go look up the difference between assault rifles and carbines. See how the latter is designed deliberately as a lighter version?
    • Up x 2
  9. Catch23

actually you want to use Flak on your C4 loadouts for obvious reaons. Moreover, if you keep chasing tanks on foot with your C4 you are doing it wrong, besides, Adren won't help much anyway
    10% more running speed isn't good enough to give up other suit slot options.

I'd be fine in terms of updating the class if the 10% run speed increase was max rank of an additional cert line
  10. Catch23

sounds like theory crafting. do you actually play Light Assault? if you do, you might find that no other class is so visible. you learn to look up.
    C4 sacrifices Med Packs. if you use this class in its intended role, you very often have to heal up after making that flank. there will be no medics around when you jet up that tower and everyone is shooting at you

So I'm with you here. have LAs carry C4 AND med packs. maybe 2 C4s and 1 medpack if you cert into a designated LAs medkit slot.

that way more agressive gameplay is rewarded and LAs get more options. It's a myth that all LAs carry C4.
    Many simply won't play LA because they have no healing abilities if they want to use their Armor/ Max counter. Unlike all other classes. Yes, Infiltrators too as they can hack turrets, which often is a viable option contrary to what many Infiltrators say. especially in Amp Stations.

btw I play both classes
    • Up x 1
  11. Zurhidon

You do have some valid points, but I would just like to point out:
    The shielded cloak's extra protection shouldn't be considered, since if someone starts firing at you cloaked, (unless you're running away) that one second it takes to uncloak is all the time your opponent needs to kill you. Furthermore, soon all classes will have motion darts, there isn't that much to hack (since most times if you can hack it, you've already won the base), and cloaking is quite laughable.

Of course, the cloaking bit is purely opinion, but I do find it quite easy to pinpoint the direction that an infiltrator will attack me from.

The point of this post is that some people may be underselling the usefulness of the jetpack. Generally, you know an enemy is going to come through the doorway(s) in front of you. However, the light assault can choose to go over the wall, or onto the roof/balcony and (usually) flank you. Honesty, I view the LA as the highest skillcap class, as while they can perform normally, they aren't restricted by slowed-movement (HA overshield), vulnerbility (med tool & engie tool), or luck (good eyesight& graphics quality/hearing vs infil cloak).
  12. Zurhidon

That honestly sounds great to me.
  13. Catch23

well, 30% or even 20% would be op because it would also affect strafing speed. Hipfire would be too good.

10-12 % sounds more balanced. cert line could start at 8% and you gain 1% with each tier, max rank is 1000 certs
  14. JonboyX

Doesn't have to affect strafing speed.
    They can, and do, implement the two speeds independently.
    Same with going backwards.

But somewhere around that 10-15% might be a good place to be.
  15. Moisture

Flanking and maneuver isn't theory crafting. If you are simply being counted by someone looking up I dont think you have that much experience with LA. Its a little bit more in depth then just being on the roof sometimes. Although simply doing is more often then not a instantly positive DKR at the least.
  16. Catch23

my experience as LA is 2 x 80 BRs x 60% usage. As for "depth", yours doesnt go beyond saying jets give an op advantage. tbh, you don't sound like you actually play that class, more like dieing to LAs alot.
    Also I'm not concerned about keeping a "positive DKR".
    • Up x 1
  17. Catch23

ok, wasn't sure if adrenaline doesn't affect strafe speed
  18. Moisture

Then you read but didnt understand.
    But it does give you an overpowered advantage. No overpowered in a game breaking context but in a way where you can not give adversaries a fair fight against you as often as humanly possible. You get to chose how and when you get to fight any target. I should not have to tell this to someone who apparently has your playtime with LA.
    You should be concerned about it as a heavy LA player. You are not a support class as a light assault, You are a find and kill the enemies class. often without medic support. And you are not being effective if you are simply trading deaths 1-1 with the enemy team unless you are a C4 suicide bomber that never expect to live after doping his load. But that's of questionable effectiveness most times.
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

You should feel pleased, look how our "update" turned out. :rolleyes:

It's to the point where people are actually wanting them to postpone it and rethink their decisions. With that said, everyone knows my stance on the situation. I'd like them to postpone the update and make it an Infiltrator/Light Assault Update Phase 1 type of deal...but that's unlikely to happen.
  20. DeadliestMoon

Oh yeah, you want to turn light assaults into a recon class instead of the assault that it is and have the infiltrator class be it's arch nemesis.