Make Sprint a non-suit slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by JonboyX, Feb 6, 2014.

1. JonboyX

All sunderers now have an independent utility slot for AMS. You buy it, in it goes. Job done.

I think this should principle should be applied to Sprint with light assaults. As a core feature, the light assault class should be faster than the others as we carry less gear, lighter guns and a small ammo pool. The default should be a 15% speed enhancement.

I'd propose then that you can also choose to boost footspeed to 30% by buying an enhancer in the suit/armour slot.
    • Up x 6
  2. starlinvf

Your reasoning is flawed. Light Assaults do not have any inherent weaknesses in compensation for their high mobility. Carbines are as powerful as ARs, the lack of a Tool slot is a non-issue, and ammo capacity is no different then an engineer.

Now as for why making them even faster is a bad idea...... ZOE MAXs. Now I can see +10% move as a passive bonus being acceptable, but 30% is just over powered. Even more so in light of the fact that most LA's use Adrin pump in conjunction with C4 BECAUSE they have a better chance of chasing tanks with it.
    • Up x 2
  3. NeonNoodle

I just want boots that will take the shock of falling the extreme distance of 3ft. So many times I release thrust to land and 'crunch' there goes a eighth of my health bar.
  4. Frosty The Pyro

The word you are looking for is "passive."

however this idea is bad, and you should feal bad for it. The only folks who would have an excuse to have a passive speed boost are infiltrators, as they have less effective health (900 compared to a LA's 1000). you know, unless you want to take a hit to your health and sheilds.

I would be down with LA having a passive that reduces fall damage, or increases the hight you need to fall before taking fall damage.
  5. Selrahc4040

Don't get me wrong, that'd be AWESOME, but having a higher speed seems important for a "Light" class. Other classes carry a lot of heavy equipment, engi's and heavies specifically, but we're the same speed. I just fell jyped, being the same speed as a man in heavy combat armor, with an LMG and a rocket launcher.
  6. Frosty The Pyro

all that extra weight is in your jetpack. Its far bigger than the entirety of the extra things an engineer carries (ace tool and repair gun). Also you are not realy a "light" class, its in the name, but not in the stats. All the classes are standardised except for the infiltrator, who has less health+sheilds than the rest, everyone else is exactly the same. Oh and the max is different too obviously.
  7. Akeita

To be honest :
    - Heavy is a turtle
    - Medic bags look heavy, who knows what do medic need in there while all they need is their tool slot
    - Engineer bag is big for infinite ammo and a tons of rocket ammo for heavy
    - Light assault got a swag jetpack, look normal
    - Infiltrator is naked, every faction infiltrator wear spandex, so infiltrator is the only one that suppose to have speed...

Don't bring the "carry less gear" for the reason buffing LA...
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

Infiltrators carry a big @$$ sniper rifle, moving at full speed makes the cloak more visible, and the entire premise of the class is to not get hit a all (this is apparent in both the sniper and SMG playstyles). So having less health is sorta a moot point.
  9. Moisture

I don't think they should have a further mobility advance repeater form the absolutely massive one the jetpack gives them.
    the speed at which you flank and outmaneuver and out position enemy players is already second to none.
    Furthering this advantage should not be a nearly free upgrade. It should be at the expense of something
  10. DeadliestMoon

Expense of what?
  11. Moisture

Expense of other suit upgrades as per the current system.
  12. DeadliestMoon

Then you should've just said that the current suit slot option is fine.
  13. Ravenorth

"Lighter gear" is not a good excuse for being faster in a game that doesnt have weapon/gear based weight system like in some other games.

You are also forgetting that infiltrators have 100 less health, which means -10% from total hitpoints, so it would be most logical for them being +10% faster, which works a lot better as an excuse than a lighter gear.

Thats how its been done on games since the very beginning, weakest class = fastest, most armored class(MAX) = slowest.
  14. Pikachu

But speed is the trait of LA. :/
    • Up x 2
  15. Ravenorth

Speed and mobility are treated as different traits in this game, LAs are all about mobility, not speed.

Just like one of TR trait is speed, while VS have mobility.
  16. m44v

Well, it seems now is a trait of the infiltrator too, since SOE is calling both classes "light" and the infiltrator is getting the same sprint boost certification.

Anyway, the certification is utter garbage, nobody uses it, do we really need to argue over which class should have it?
  17. DeadliestMoon

Well giving it to another class will be making LA's less unique, but no one's going to deny that it needs a buff.

No, LAs are about mobility AND speed because initially the class got the Adrenaline Pump as their class exclusive suit slot.
    • Up x 3
  18. Selrahc4040

Taken from IGN: "Light Assault Troops are mobile infantry with a good balance of SPEED"
    From Planetside-Universe: "Utilizing jump-jet technology to move around the battlefield with unrivaled SPEED and agility."
    And from the Planetside Wikia: "Move FASTER than most other soldiers"

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  19. Ravenorth

Nice try but none of those are official information sources, taken from Planetside2.com:

"Light assaults utilize a devastating combination of powerful close-range weaponry, extreme mobility and chaos-causing tools to define the flow of combat and make their own paths through facilities."

The rest of the text: https://www.planetside2.com/empires

There is no single mention about speed in the description.
  20. Selrahc4040

Didn't even know that existed. Thanks for the fact-check!