Make spiker charge shoot when ready.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Nov 18, 2017.

1. No0T

That way we can time it and get the best fps as it is now... Because the real reason why nobody uses it is because when you try to get the best fps from it you might get a single shot instead of a charged one...

But if the spiker shoots the charged shot when ready and take always the 4 bullets and hits correctly the weapon might be useful.

Unlike how it is now that nobody uses the charged shot.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cancdemon

I'd rather have a second bar next to The ammo counter when in Charge Mode that indicates how far you have charged, without forcing you to fire it automatically.

Otherwise people would be "gifted" the optimal RPM for Charge shots, at the unnecessary cost of never hitting anything that moves faster than 30MPh or atleast making aiming at targets more of a struggle, as you Need to keep your gun on them the Moment it charged full, as opposed to now, where you can simply choose when to shoot, at the cost of a minor loss of RPM since muscle memory will so most of the job anyways.

A Charge indicator bar on the other hand doesnt impair your accuracy, while allowing you to optimize your RPM by telling you visually when its charged (or atleast, much better than the glowing particles at the barrel.
  3. Pat22

As someone who actually does use the spiker's charge mode;

No, do not do this. The ability to charge a shot and then take the time to properly aim it at the proper target is the only thing that make it useful. Otherwise it's just a really low RPM and extremely high TTK weapon that will actually not be worth using.
  4. Hegeteus

As I've said before, Aphelion's model would be easier to utilize on Spiker and the current charge mode should be given to a primary weapon if anything
  5. No0T

I like the idea of your bar though they could simple start the pink laser fire thingy they actually have going on already in a way that is clear when it is fully charged instead of the roulette it is now.

The optimal RPM after charging so you get CHARGE... SHOOT... CHARGE... you are dead... kind of optimal RPM... Anybody could program this what you and I are speaking if you have a mouse with scrips... So to tell you the truth, as it is, it gives more power to the people whom plays this game using whatever gadget is accepted to gain advantage.

I like the idea of your bar though they could simple start the pink laser fire thingy they actually have going on already in a way that is clear when it is fully charged instead of the roulette it is now.
  6. No0T

Man, go see predator vs alien movie and then come back when you noticed what is the idea they liked and are taking to the game... In the spiker... In predator vs alien 2 the only difference bettween spiker and the weapon the hero has taken from a predator is literally that the predator weapon DOES TELL THE HERO WHEN IT IS CHARGED.
  7. No0T

1 nobody is using it not even YOU, 2 if somebody is using it as is they could just add the third mode or use the idea of cancdemon.

Dont try to shut down something in a selfish way... everybody can get what they want without unbalancing anything.

WHAT IS VERY CLEAR is that spiker is barely used with the secondary mode.
  8. HAXTIME

Just add a *beep* sound indicating that the weapon is fully charged.
  9. Lord_Avatar

I believe that would actually be a nerf.
  10. FateJH

[IMG]
    For historical reference, the original-original Spiker gradually consumed ammunition when the trigger was depressed until it was released in a powered-up shot. If I recall, the maximum consumption was 24 units before the shot overloaded and dispersed without weapon discharge (and the magazine was 25?).
    • Up x 1
  11. Cancdemon

However, while you would achieve the optimal RPM (which would still be undesirably slow, I mean come on its a slightly stronger shot every second or so, when you could have burst-fired and be done with him in less than a second) you completely give up on any accuracy (unless your script-mouse users also use a aimbot, of course, but why would they use a sidearms ****** AV mode then instead of a automatic primary?) or atleast remove the ability to correct your aim (as the charge time, while still having a certain length, is too short to allow any kind of precise aiming (For example at long ranges where the burst firing mode would fail and no-charges dont do enough damage), compared to the other charge weapons, the Lancer and the Vortex, both weapons that indeed work as you want the spiker to, it fires once its charged completely. However, those have a significantly longer charge tim, which in turn allows them to be aimed for ranges more easily.

Therefore, forcing the Spiker to shoot automatically once charged, wont be beneficial to anyone except those too lazy to learn or practice the proper timing.
  12. Pat22

Yes, I do use it. You're talking out of your rear end.

Don't try to change things in a selfish way. No one will ever use the Spiker secondary mode no matter what you do with it because the revolvers will always be the best pistols. It's fine as is, it has the utility that a secondary firing mode on a secondary weapon should have. And no, you can't just add every little thing you want without unbalancing the game or making it completely redundant.
    You should know by now with all the ideas you've submitted that have been shut down by the community and ignored by the devs.

That's okay, not everything has to be widely used. No one uses the Cerberus, the Beamer, the crossbow is barely used, underbarrel launchers are barely used, I rarely see light assaults using their rocklet rifles versus aircraft, rangers on vehicles are almost never used, etc...