[Suggestion] Make Small Adjustments, One at a Time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obstruction, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Obstruction

because you develop your games with a meat cleaver when you should be doing so with a scalpel.

i would give examples and specific suggestions but i'd have to copy and paste every ignored player response to patch-notes and test-server-updates since launch. also you can just look up my character builds and the content of my posts to find out my personal opinions, without muddying the issue or driving this thread off topic.

furthermore, large, multiple adjustments have the added effect of creating wild swings in player behavior that skew and obscure any data that might have been collected about performance. players will simply change playstyle so drastically that you'll never know the true outcome of your changes and simply have to chase the next nerf, and the one to follow that one.

this is not a suggestion for a new game mechanic, or a thoughtful observation by an experienced player that amounts to just so much proverbial urination in the wind. this thread is posted as an intervention. i'm bringing people here to post "i feel" statements, that describe how your poor behavior has hurt each of them, while you sit in shame and listen.

just remember that we love you, and we want you to get better. this hurts us even more than it hurts you.
    • Up x 3