Make population boosts twenty times what they are now, and make them per-continent

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eugenitor, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Eugenitor

We've got way, way too much 4th Empire going on, where people join the faction that gives them the most exp. On some continents, it's bad- on others it's just laughable. Right now, Vanu can be at 25% of the population (as they were earlier on Connery) and get a miserable 7% bonus.

Let the 4th Empire forcibly balance things out by providing overwhelming incentives.
    • Up x 1
  2. Necron

Pop numbers need to give damage boost as well as XP and resources. VS had 22% on TR on Helios at one point last night.
  3. Compass

At Helios TR have the people who take tactical superiority to heart.
  4. siiix

hey this is my idea ;)

thief :)
  5. Eugenitor

I considered a damage boost, but I think that would cause slightly more rage than is warranted. Huge percentage boosts to exp will have cert hunters balancing the teams, and it'll also solve the problem of Indar having everyone while the other two continents are dead empty (raw lower population numbers result in wild, silly imbalances, as three people joining a continent can skew things late at night).
  6. Necron

No doubt the TR and NC players are Helios are 100x more skilled than the VS ones. But like it or not 20% more people can often trump skill with simple mathematics.
  7. Protential

DMG boost would be extremely newb, and a poor idea IMO.

Would ruin and imbalance everything that is not currently broken in game, and make it easy mode 99% of the time. Just roll the underpop faction and you wont die!!

The insane exp 50%-100% would be nice.
  8. Autarkis

This makes no sense. No. Not even a little.

I do like OP's idea, though, which is very elegant and simple. Double the bonus and make it continent-specific. It's great!
  9. lyravega

Good morning! I've been telling this since beta! Guess what? SOE doesn't give a ****!

Check sig.
  10. VexTheRaven

Aaah, there's the VS QQ post I was waiting for.
  11. Mrasap

Fully agree with the notion to balance out empires by higher experience gain. Though 100 à 200 added percentage max. And no dmg increase.
  12. Vorpal

Definitely need a per continent bonus. right now you are silly to stick around on a losing continent because you get hardly any resources.
  13. NoctD

Insane XP boost would do nothing more than encourage a few really good types to "farm" the pop bonus. You'll get lone ESFs and Liberators farming unsuspecting infantry up the wazoo. :eek:
  14. siiix

it does not work that way, because as soon as people start farming the population evens out

BUT if you really want a kick make population penalty too... you above a certain pop you get -20-30xp
  15. DukeFlash

I wouldn't want damage modifiers (or defense/hp for that matter). I'd prefer any extra bonuses to more obvious, such as automated base turrets once an empire's population dips too low. And have it per continent.

Creating silent modifiers to players / vehicles would lead to a lot of confused & paranoid players not understanding why they're dying more. At least with automatons the player can realize what's going on.