Make MAXs seperate group from Infantry and Vehicals

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Nano(zip/zap), Apr 18, 2015.

1. Nano(zip/zap)

I'll be short make 3 types of MAXs for each faction, Light, Standard and Heavy. I think it would be cool to see the MAXs more diversified into skill sets like speed, range and power, and generalization models.

Light MAXs have limited ranged weapons (pistols pretty much, maybe short range shotguns), but are fast and excel at clearing rooms with close quarters combat weapons. Energy swords, big honking hammers, over sized metal fists, things like that. They have decent health more than a heavy but not as much HP as a normal MAX does. They use things like high jumping, vertical jets, or sprinting to hit and run groups of enemies. It would mainly be for those Kamikaze MAX crashes to clear attackers off a point or in tight areas like hallways.

Standard MAXs would be what we already have. Though I would like to give the NC MAX a weapon like a single round or 3 round burst assault rifle to replace the shotgun for some mid to long range AI firepower.

Heavy MAXs would be slower with about twice HP of normal MAXs but have 2 weapons functions. First function is when they are running around they can use a slighty more powerful weapon than a standard MAX like a mini gun (gattling gun), Flamethrower, or something else equally good for close to mid range suppressive fire. Then a second much more powerful weapon function that can only be used when the MAX locks into a stationary position. This is for much stronger or longer range weapons.

For example a missile pod that barrages a large area or a long range high power AI/AV sniper rifle, or mortar launcher. For closer engagements it could act as a stationary jamming device to sensor darts and mini-maps. Maybe something more defensive like the MAX locks down and deploys a shield around it and nearby allies that depletes as it takes damage. Allowing it to fire it's main but weaker gun while shielding friendly units right next to it. Heavy MAXs would be great as support or defensive units as their range and firepower could be great when used from a ridge line or to act as additional turrets along a base's walls or in/on towers.

There is last option I hesitate to suggest. A giant mecha thing like Titan Fall that uses all the 750 resources for one hit, maybe only a commander in a full platoon can call it or something restricting like that. It is big and slow walking but can hold 1-6 people and has very good range and massive firepower. The driver is also the main gunner, kind of like a Liberator or a MBT. There would be several turrets along it's body like a Gal to assist in AA and AI and AV defense of this big slow walking monster.

I don't really like the idea of giant mecha in this game as it removes some of the tactics for the just get the bigger gun way of thinking. Also I think it's a lag nightmare waiting to happen. Three or four platoons with their giant mecha fighting over a base sounds cool till the lag kills all the fun.

Maybe something more like an event like the alerts one faction releases a pair of NPC titans that start attacking the other factions bases. The defending factions get scored by which groups does more damage to the titans. Each faction gets faction wide boost. NC releases titans VS kills theirs and does 40% damage to the one attacking the TR so they git a bigger boost than the TR who only did the 60% one the titans. Equally the faction that has the titans gets rewards for how ling they protect them like if the titan makes it all the way to the other factions warp gate it's like a goal in soccer. Then for each of the two goals the attacking faction get different or just a better faction wide boosts.

Bring some of this long forgotten history story stuff of the back story into the actual game play, like long forgotten WMDs and the likes. Also add more events like stop faction A, B or, C from getting the rare item at base X, and that faction has to play kind of king of the hill to hold on to the rare item till the clock runs out. Again the winning faction gets a faction wide boost for a few hours or days.
  2. prodo123

Wrel said it succinctly that player suggestions are divided into two categories: those which are easy to code in and those which are difficult.

Making a whole new class just for the MAX is unnecessarily difficult. I don't code but I can imagine DBG having to put in new resistance values for each weapon in the game; having an infantry terminal spawn something not within its "class"; working out directives and current MAX weapon classification and so on.

Cool idea, but I think MAXes are fine as they are (all of them are CQC powerhouse/AV specialty/AA cannons, i.e. specialized and switchable between loadouts) and your idea would be extremely difficult to implement.