Make everything equal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saool, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saool

SOE here is one simple way to solve all the 'problems'

Make all fractions gun, tank, ESF, MAX etc stats equal. Sure give them different models, colours, sounds, names etc, but just make everything absolutely equal. Remove all fraction traits or some ******* will complain sooner or later, so save yourself development time having the buff and nerf things by making absolutely everything f%*$%£$ thing equal.

Apparently everyone, especially the TR and NC will be very happy.
  2. FateJH

I won't be happy.
  3. Champagon

We don't need equality, what we need is weapon looting and vehicle hacking. Once the other factions can "in realtime" on the battlefield use another persons weapon will things FINALLY get in line properly. This is why PS1 was so freaking balanced. Simple because of wep looting and vehicle hacking.

This is ESSENTIAL to this games survival. As you can see we are currently in the midst of a nerf war. And it's absolutely ridiculous
    • Up x 5
  4. Hatesphere

so remove what could truly make this game unique and just turn into fully into a battlefield clone? no sir I dont like it, why not just boil it down to two teams while you're at it.
  5. Rovertoo

Weapon looting would be way cool, but I don't think it's needed for balance. Really, the only issues right now are: Orion (justifiably overused), PPA (already being nerfed) and Banshee (also being nerfed).
  6. Shatteredstar

I liked what someone else said. For like one week, all ALL empire specific weapons are locked out. Everyone can only use NS weapons, they will be BEGGING for their ES weapons back no matter how bad. All ES abilities locked out, everything equal and no flavor.

I'd miss my beamer
    • Up x 2
  7. OminousZ

I agree with this. Tired of 90% created threads about...wha wha PPA wha wha Orion wha wha wha I don't like VS wha wha mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  8. Hatesphere

the true problem is the majority of the community just isn't mature enough to handle a game of this scale and scope. they see one or two outliers on one faction and then demonize the entire faction with no real reason to do so. instead of offering valid solutions to the real problems they hop on the nerf train even for things that dont need to be nerfed.
    • Up x 3
  9. OminousZ

Actually, there was some QQing dude on here that said our NS weapons are more powerful...lmao wha wha wha
    • Up x 1
  10. Saool

Whilst this thread is supposed to be dripping with acrid sarcasm (which has still been missed by some it seems), that is actually a top idea that I would love to see (re)implemented.

However I am sure ****** little Tommy TR will still toss teddy out of the cot because he does not have a .75 ads LMG right out of the locker.
    • Up x 1
  11. OminousZ

Very well said. I came from almost 2 years with the NC and it's all the same ****!!
    • Up x 1
  12. Shatteredstar

NS weapons too strong, nerf vanu! Look at those purple guys showing off their NS-15m and PDW.

I think when I play from now on with my 15m I'm gonna start telling people this new vanu LMG I'm using is amazing and look at how I'm doing awesome with it. Just as kind of an IQ test
    • Up x 1
  13. Hatesphere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
  14. Champagon

Your arguments are exactly WHY we need weapon looting, so you can at anytime hack another factions vehicle and kill with that very same weapon you are complaining about.

The key is that you need to be able to use the weapon in REALTIME. Not having to log off and join another faction. or go into VR

You can get a better gauge of the weapon faction wide if you were being shot by it. Imagine if vanu were being killed by their own PPA mag. You will see justifiable good honest feedback and REAL statistics which is absolutely needed in this game.

All we are getting now for feedback is cherry picked stats and "THIS WEP STOPPED MY KILLSTREAK PLZ NERF"

you gave me another great example using the "Orion" as your cause, when there are about 3 different threads showing the stats that the Orion is in fact NOT the greatest gun ever.
    • Up x 1
  15. Pickleman44

Yeah, SOE, don't do that.

With regards, everyone else.
  16. Hatesphere

this is all true, it allows players to experience the true effectiveness of a weapon without having to have 3 toons with multiple hours of experience on each playing correctly with competent outfits and tactics.
  17. Rentago

18. DG-MOD-02

Please keep posts constructive as suggested within the SOE Forum Guidelines.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.