[Suggestion] Make event rewards obtainable for casual players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chettone, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Chettone

Is it just me or most event rewards demand absurds amounts of grinding?

In the gaming industry, the whole point of releasing an event is to make players (old and new ones) log in into the game to get exclusive goodies.
    Placing these goodies behind certs, daybreak cash or a gigantic grind wall is just silly and frankly amateurish from a PR perspective.

I've been playing almost everyday during this event and Im barely at 70% of the objectives needed to get the last reward. I know that some veteran players will say "I got all rewards in just one day by doing X, Y and Z", but again, the whole point of an event is that ALL players can get those rewards within a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise it is just a fail in terms of marketing.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Well, they are both unoriginal (except for the water weapon kills), require going out of your way to do many of them (unless you main vehicles at open-air bases, I guess), have a high demand and are absolutely boring. I stopped at T2, 100 ISO for a bit of effort was okay, more would have been too much work for too little reward.