[Suggestion] Make double XP every weekend, but continent-specific

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slink(FSU), Jan 9, 2013.

1. VSDerp

im on mattherson also i feel your pain this suggestion is the best i heard !
  2. Pehe

This idea is pretty stupid when you think about it.

1.It feels like it's forcing ppl to play somewhere where they may not want.
    2. At least half of the server will queue that continent so there will be only ninja capping or small organized zerg on the others.
    3.All the whine "free-to-play" will wine about how it's not fair and pay to win because they get pushed back in queue by members and can't get 2x exp.(Just as a side note: I am a F2P player, only I know I'm more of a low priority.)
    4.People are stupid and will whine and rage about how there was 198461278946 long queue and they couldn't get in.
    5.Ppl are stupid and won't play on any other continent, they will just queue and wait like *******.

Having boosts in exp from time to time is a nice way to keep players but it needs to be done in a well thought out manner.

P.S.
    Yeah, I might have over-something(???) on "people are stupid" but your average players ain't all that wise, plus this is the internet so everyone is entitled.
  3. Karragos

Posting my support. I don't think I ever went to Amerish...
  4. Adito

This sounds like a great idea even if they don't do it every weekend. Another option is to randomize which continent you log in to.
  5. Yil

I think it's a good idea as any to get the fight off indar.
  6. Zhorg

This is a brilliant idea
    +1!
  7. Slink(FSU)

I don't want to play on Indar all the time, but I'm forced to because that's where the people are. Nothing is stopping them from playing on Indar like normal, and they are free to go back to Indar once the double XP weekend is over.

Kind of like how Amerish and Esamir are now?

As I mentioned in the suggestion, you could still go to the second-least played continent and get 1.5x XP. Besides, it would encourage more people to become Members which I'm sure SOE would like.

Not if SOE puts in messages saying they could also go to the other boosted continent for more XP.

Something needs to happen to encourage action on other continents, and it can't be something that is only lasting a short while - having the XP boost last the whole weekend would get folks to spend a good amount of time on continents besides just Indar.
  8. forkyar

nah,i dont see the issue.
  9. Slink(FSU)

You don't see the issue of population being imbalanced between continents? Really?
  10. VengefulGhost

I like it. Would like to see more action on Amerish and Esamir.
  11. RayDrazon

Hmm... Which is faster for gaining XP?

1) Farming at the Crown at 1x XP

2) Fighting on Esamir or Amerish at 2x XP

I honestly don't know.
  12. MasterCheef

im honestly surprised this idea is receiving so much support. I think Pehe nailed why it isnt such a great idea.

So people are saying they WANT dbl XP to play on continents that they have decided not to play on?? So every weekend will be Amerish weekend? And i guess for holidays theyll have 3x XP??

I think people just want dbl XP any way they can get it, without thinking how it would affect gameplay. This is a dead idea anyway.
  13. Slink(FSU)

They don't play on those continents because there's no one else to play against - I can't count the number of people I've seen write that they want to play on Amerish but it's pointless because it's empty.

The double XP here is really just an incentive to get people outside of Indar. And hell, if people really want to still play on Indar they can - nothing is saying they won't be able to.

Amerish was very popular at the end of beta, but fell off at launch. I think having XP set like this on the weekends will help encourage people to play the entire game, not just a third of it.
  14. MasterChiefette

Love this...please developers implement this ASAP. Surely this would not be that hard to code. This would help break the grip Indar seems to have on everyone. OP one of the best suggestions I have ever read on this forum to date. ^_^ Everyone should tag this and keep it on the front page.
  15. Flavo

This is a great suggestion. I'm pretty sick of Indar and this would be a great way to get people fighting in the snow and grass for a change.
  16. Obuw

Probably best idea I read on the forums.

If you are defending the crown, tough call maybe.

But if you are attacking the crown, I find that it is already very unrewarding, even without double xp I'd rather go to Esamir.
  17. oherror

OP is correct this needs to happen as the other two continents besides indar is dead 95% of the time.
  18. Blue

I support this message
  19. Flaeb

Free to play players would wait forever as the queue times would be ridiculous. Although I don't have that issue. :p
  20. MeltingCPU