[Suggestion] Make continent lock alerts reward individual players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrince, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Terrince

Hello all!

So for the last 5 continent lock alerts, the dead last team give up with 30 minutes left and only attacked the second place faction, completely ignoring first place!
    The issue I find with this is when a faction unities, fights hard the whole alert only to lose, because last place faction lets first place ghost cap their bases.
    This discourages players from playing alerts, especially when players work so well and so hard together, just to lose to a team that doesn't care.

Will you please change the way rewards are won. (maybe for all alerts?) Keep the faction placement rewards but give the better rewards to players that don't throw away alerts! Like a platoon, squad, or player's total score at the end of the alert, no matter what placement but they get said score by fight first place team.
    This would also help when your own faction doesn't care but you do!

Thank you and have a good one!
    • Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

But how do you measure an individual player's role in what's supposed to be a whole faction effort event?

I'd say if you want the reward you try to find a way to make your idiotic teamates participate in it. Pull sunderers, yell out smart things in the chat. I understand your frustration, most of the time my team takes 95% of our continent pop to cap/defend a completely useless our isolated base, while the other factions cut off and cap all our territory. It's also really hard to get them to listen, since no one wants to use their brains and do something strategically useful to help the war effort. Even when I do start the fight or incite a base cap (and we win thanks to me) I am usually left alone to defend it when the enemy counter-zergs to take back that important base.

Sure, I would appreciate some of my effort to be rewarded - it is annoying to set up routers, sunderers and all, especially when people take them for granted and do not defend them. But how do you sort out the players that participate in the alert and those that don't? Isn't the alert supposed to incite people to participate in it? Isn't winning the alert a team effort?
  3. Liewec123

Quite easily, all xp earnered gives you a score, (it'd use base xp ignoring boosts and membership)
    Score gain is higher in regions with the faction in first place,
    Score from ally Respawn xp would be much higher than the xp value
    (people deploying sundies and dropping routers are the most important people)
    Likewise destroying/assisting to destroy spawn points would offer bonus score since it turns the tide of battle.

So every time you gain xp you increase your score and you get more score fighting vanu *AHEM* "the alert winners"
    And things that turn the tide of battle like offering spawns and destroying spawns would give bonus score.

At the end of the alert your score gets totalled and you get rewarded based on that,
    Instead of how useless or zergy your allies were.
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

This would mostly encourage farming. Rather than XP ticks I would base it on actions, preferably even actions of the people nearby.

Example: if you are nearby an overloaded generator that explodes, even if you didnt overload it, we can assume you were part of its defense and get one tick. Other ticks would be gotten from MAX kills, vehicle kills, aircraft kills, every minute added/subtracted from a capture timer (to reward holding the point regardless of defending or attacking), the capture of a base, attack/defense ribbons, squad/platoon ribbons (even if you arent platoon/squad leader, why should they benefit for the things that players do often without leadership prompting them?), revive/ammo ticks from players in a certain distance etc.

This rewards the individual for playing nearby others who are successful. Since pure infantry killing isnt rewarded and only the killing of tougher, harder targets like vehicles and generators players arent rewarded for pure farming (except of ammo and revive ticks of nearby other players).
    The distance at which you benefit changes. Vehicle and air combat happens at longer ranges so you should get ticks even when you are farther away from allies. Depending on the action you could get more or less ticks, and doing it personally gets you a higher tick.
    Then at the end of the alert these ticks are multiplied by a certain value based on your team winning or not.
    • Up x 2
  5. DarkStarAnubis

You win alerts by selfless pushing enemies back, dying time over time and winning meters until they are confined to the spawn room and the base is capped.

Medics may or may not be nearby.

That kind of behavior does not make you swimming in XPs yet it is the key to win.

You have to find a way to reward THAT .
  6. Scroffel5

Stop looking for ways that things may fail. Look for things that work. If its a bad idea, say why. Say the repercussions of this update. But if you are going to say that it won't work because of A, B, or C, and it has nothing to do with why the idea is bad, don't give him that. Give him how you can make it work, especially if you do think it is a good idea.
  7. PlanetBound

Except for TR and Vanu, I think every faction feels the same way.
  8. TRspy007

XP can be made farming in pointless fights, or abusing of revives/repair/resupply. Theoretically, more XP can be made just building useless bases or farming noobs without actually participating in the war effort.
  9. Liewec123

but if we offer more "score" from XP gained for influential stuff (like people spawning at your sundy), and from fighting in regions with the faction in the lead even the farmers will be helping, because if they want the best chance of getting good rewards from the alert they'll be pushing against the correct enemy and maybe even deploying sunderers.
  10. JudgeNu

The problem started in the first year and continued for years and just snowballed into Faction stacking and IDCism.
    Directives imo just exacerbate this by promoting farming a certain class/weapon making most player not willing to change class or playstyle to win, if they are even trying to win.
    I love directives but it doesnt promote healthy gameplay.
    Do i have an answer?
    No.
    I think its too late in the game.
    But i am quite cynical.
  11. Terrince

I have decided to post on this every time it happens (when I'm on) no matter what faction "forfeits"
    Last night on Connery, VS was destroying NC and TR, Watching the map throughout the alert. All but maybe 2 squads of NC stayed pressing TR until VS was warpgating them (about 20mins left) leaving VS with a win of 65ish%
    Now It's not all NC's falt, as TR could've only pushed VS but basing off the map, NC would've tryed warpgating TR like the VS where doing.
    Perhaps players can be individually rewarded for simply attacking/defending against the winning faction. Idk...
    I just want that ISO and those "hidden" weapons. (I know you can get ISO by implant packs but not 500 and I'm not flush with certz to just dump)

Anyways, if you care about this kinda thing post when it happens here, maybe we can get the Devs attention! :D