Make cloak visible via IR/NV sights.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Zhakathoom, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Naweezo

I have never understood the hate for the infiltrator class. It is in my eyes a fun and amazing class to play as I love being long range and just use my darts to support my teammates. Wanting to remove the cloak would kill the class and as others have said there are TONS of things that will make you visible for enemies. even when I go to hunt other cloakers stalker or long range it doesn't take me long to find them as the sound they make and how my flashlight makes it extremely easy to be spotted. Also when it comes to other cloaked things such as sundies they have a fairly obvious bubble around them that you can easily spot if you know what to look for. The only thing if anything that should lose its cloak ( even if this is off topic are the ants and flashes.
    • Up x 1
  2. BlackFox

It's the simple fact that they can't be seen as easily as any other class. And there isn't a ton of stuff that makes them visible: It's either the graphic settings (doesn't work well in dark environments) and the Flashlights (with a lot of randomness if they show the infiltrator or not)
    To some extend motion sensors are another option, but if the cloaker crouches they are useless.

And what do infiltrators need a cloak for exactly? Snipers are protected by the range they put between them and their targets, and infiltrating a base is possible as any other class (easier with LA ofc). Cloaking is just a tool to farm easy kills and keep people busy by constantly capping a base solo over and over again.
  3. Exitus Acta Probat

Make dark light cancel Heavy Assaults over shield
  4. Swaith

As someone who runs infravision almost 99% of the time I fully agree with this, I can't see infiltrators with it sure, until they uncloak. I can hear them, I can see the effects of their presence, I can hit them with spray and I can outrun them while they cloak. I die to them, but I also kill them a lot.

Its perfectly balanced as it is. I do wish that there was a tooltip to let players know you need occlusion on to see FRIENDLY cloaked units and your sunderer it would have made it a lot easier to use at the start. But its still working great in my mind.