[Suggestion] Make C85 able to aim upwards

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hegeteus, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Hegeteus

Doesn't need explanation, not gonna ever happen anyway.
    • Up x 5
  2. z1967

Which one?
  3. Sagabyte

ALL.

#YESWECANISTER
    • Up x 4
  4. Hegeteus

Vanguard one mainly, don't see any LAs hanging on top of harassers... It's already limited by range, why is it limited by angle too?
    • Up x 1
  5. z1967

You get a like just because of that hashtag. It was pretty funny.

That didn't help much, but you mean the shotgun one, right? That one is called canister. I wouldn't be opposed to raising the Gimbal upper limit on it, especially for C4 repellant.
  6. Alarox

I've been saying this for a long time. Agreed OP.

Is SOE afraid I might tickle ESFs when they fly 15m above my tank? Apparently so.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hegeteus

If that's the case, then they should limit Kobalt's angle too... The only time C85 destroys ESF is when they're bad and crash into a cliff or something. Balance-wise the C85 has plenty of issues but I think this should just get hot-fixed if any.
  8. Alarox

Ironically enough, SOE intentionally increased the Kobalt's angle of elevation so that it could more effectively shoot at ESFs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hegeteus

No, the enforcer is called ML85. Since C85 probably comes from Canister85, I thought i'd save some mana for bigger forum battles.
    • Up x 1
  10. z1967

ah ok, my mistake then.
  11. Hegeteus

It's ok ;)

I am a sneaky necromancer
  12. MorganM

Truth; nuf said.
  13. Sagabyte

YOU ARE A MISTAKE FOR NOT RECOGNIZING THE COOL85 COOLISTER'S MAJESTY!

YOU SHALT BE PUNISH'D!
  14. Dracorean

The canister would be a tad more useful if it were able to aim up at higher elevations. Given that is primarily the function of a canister shot anyway. Well, secondary function, its primarily an anti-infantry weapon that wont damage vehicles that are covered/surrounded by infantry.
  15. DFDelta

PUNISH HIM BY FORCING HIM TO USE THE CANISTER FOR AT LEAST TWO HOURS!
    THEN TWO MORE HOURS OF USING THE MARAUDER, JUST TO BE MEAN!
  16. Hegeteus

It can't aim up because the rectangle thing is in middle of the C85 so it's backside collides with the vehicle... amazing design by NC. What my point is, that it needs a visual update as well and when is that ever going to happen? Of course they could just make it ignore the collision and aim up anyway. I can already make the primary cannon go through a piece of Vanguard --> Immersion ruined now fix C85.

E: Sorry for reanimating this thread all the time but I died to light assault again :(
  17. Sagabyte

C-C-C-CANISTEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

WE GOTTA KEEP SUPPORTING IT GUISE, THE DEVS MUST KNOW
  18. Hegeteus

Canisterers, assemble! (all 10 of us)

Maybe I should just stop this shameless bumping :oops: even if I dressed up as canister, asking for fixes and went to their office it wouldn't make a difference
  19. Sagabyte

We must organize ourselves and make one thread that details our thoughts to SOE.

Perhaps a Google doc will work?
  20. Halkesh

All ES Ai weapon (Caniester, Marauder, PPA) should have the same angle as basilisk so they can work as deterrent against ESF.
    It's not the right thread for that, but Caniester and Marauder should also have the same effectiveness as PPA at long range.