[Suggestion] make 'breaking up control zones' meaningful

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brok9000, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Brok9000

In PS2 you can 'cut off' a section controlled by your opponent which seems to do 2 things: reduce resource gains; remove facility benefits.

That is ok but improving the benefits to 'flanking' enemy territory should greatly improve game play. The main point is to have this create battle lines which will then break up the zerg by creating small battles wherever opponent lands meet.

SO!

=> step 1: add a mechanic that, when 'cut off' from the warp gate, reduces damage of those cut off by say, 15-20%. Blame it on morale, or whatever. It doesn't make sense really but hell, its a game. There would be a 10 minute delay
    on this, so that defenders could make an attempt to 'break through' enemy lines or 'the cavalry comes'.

=> step 2: improve all facility defenses/defensiveness by a little (whatever way you like, doesn't matter, just make them all easier to defend by a little bit) (this is not necessary, I just suggest since I think it works well with the above. Just improved main facility defenses)

Essentially, if a facility is heavily defended you first encircle it and then take it. But all facilities are more easy to defend when connected. What this will do is spread out the fighting into other areas of the map. You'll basically need squads ready to move to stop caps and to immediately recap, or just sit and defend. It should break up the zerg to some extent and reduce island defending which is basically done to farm kills (I do enjoy doing that but in the overall scheme of things, it isn't a good game mechanic).

Like I said, it doesn't make much sense since if you move into an adjacent enemy hex you are suddenly at full strength again (again, morale can be used to argue that the troops feel better doing something rather than sitting and waiting to die ;) )and it also makes taking areas in the middle of area lands rather untenable. Still, should be a quick and easy way to spread the fighting out.

==> Also, you should be able to encircle an enemy zerg at a base it is attacking by taking the lands behind them, rendering them at 15-20% less power.

Basically, this sets up battle lines across the whole map.
  2. Phraxium

Maybe. Might be better to give attackers 10% bonus damage in any enemy piece of territory that is surrounded by them.