Make bounties easier to give

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Muirgheal, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Muirgheal

There are so few bounties on the field that I almost think it is a failed concept.

On one session I decided I would bounty everyone who killed me. This didn't
    work out so well. I'm so used to clicking through the death screen that I basically
    never had a chance to give bounties when I wanted to. There should be a button some
    where that says give bounty to last player that killed you. If it is ONLY on the death
    screen it is going to be automatically passed up by the majority of players.

Muirgheal
  2. Respawn

/thread
    • Up x 1
  3. Bindlestiff

A very valid point.
  4. WeRelic

Yeah I'd say it was a poor design. Had anyone involved in the creation of the system taken Marketing 101, they would've allowed us to use a limited version of the system with certs, and given some type of bonus to the DBC version.

Give them a demo, and people are more likely to want the real deal.
  5. AshHill07

Spend real money to get "revenge" on someone in a game ...

I'm not sure the fact that the button is only on the kill screen is the reason this system is failing.
    • Up x 2
  6. ALN_Isolator

I have placed 4 bounties since they were introduced. 2 of those I placed on a mass teamkiller at once (to get 600 free XP for his demise) and the other two I placed on the very first day of bounties just because.

So far I have only claimed 2, one today actually. I finished off a raven MAX with 3 pump shotgun hits.

Where was I going with all this? Let us buy them with certs.
  7. RedArmy

so, what hes saying im sure is to basically add bounties to targets before he kills them?
  8. Eternaloptimist

Nah, I think OP wants the system improved to compensate for his habit of forgetting to set the bounty before respawning.

I suspect that the reasons for poor take up are a) the price and b) people just aren't that vindictive.

If it was cheap and easy everyone would do it on the grounds of "why not?" whereas now, you really need to have a burr up your butt about someone (and more money than sense maybe?) to even think about it.

As a subscriber I get 500 DBC per month and I still wouldn't waste any of it on bounties.