[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. PRAFTD

But... but, then I would cancel out your drones with anti-drone fighters that have magnetic interference chambers to transfer the jamming pockets back to your drone's neutronic blanket grids.

Glad you aren't a military tactician.
  2. PRAFTD

Fine, then AA will never be balanced, or serve the purpose of "Anti-Aircraft", and aircraft with continue to dominate the battlefield undisrupted. You might as well just give them god mode.

Besides AA isn't acting like a very good deterrent either. Looks like they are failing on two counts.
  3. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Spoken like a true 13 year old kid!
  4. smokemaker

I will make all the AA buffers and no aircraft mappers a deal. Go jump in an esf. Find ANY AA placement you can, go solo it. If you wipe it out, Ill stop posting in this thread. Need video, you can do it in game. Mind you it needs to be a recent video sense last patch. AA got some needed love in it.
  5. PRAFTD

I already do that bro. Like I said, I pretty much play AA, ESF, and Lib's exclusively. I get most of my certs from destroying AA towers and sunderer spawns.

It's a lot more fun than being on the receiving end.
  6. smokemaker

I'm fine with that.
  7. Ronin Oni

again incorrect.

Skyguards on their own... yes. However a skyguard's real role is to move with an armor column to provide air defense to a mobile tank column... and in this scenario it's FAR harder to pick out the skyguards. Any ESF that comes in to RP run runs a very high risk of getting shredded by even 1 skyguard.

MAXes? render distance protects them from the mass.

We've worked in small teams of 3 dual burster (or couple dual and a 1 armer... or 1 dual + 2 1arms) and we wreck ESF's... that are a part of a swarm. The key is coordination and picking targets.
  8. Eric Smith

I'd like to see a huge underground cavern continent. Give it a few really large chambers where planes can fly, but of course they'll have massive difficulty doing so (between cavern roof and nowhere to run away from AA). Lots of choke points for vehicles to force foot battles.

I'd also like to see one giant urban environment. Lots of buildings for people to hide in, tight streets with highrises to make both tank and air difficult but not impossible.
  9. Jestunhi

Best. Thread. Ever.

Like 2-3 pilots rapidly spouting BS to try to keep their OP vehicle so they don't have to rely on skill, and everyone else laughing at their posts. :)
  10. Eric Smith

Yeah, I tried to ignore the Pilots whining. I love how players asking for an additional continent where air is unavailable (such as a large cavern complex) somehow translates into "removing air from the game." What the pilots are afraid of is that players will get sick of getting farmed on the other continents and spend most of their time on the non-air continent. That's actually a slightly legitimate concern, but has more to do with the devs balancing server and continent populations than it does with anything else. More continents, with more play styles and more varied experiences, can only be a good thing as the change in scenery will offer a break from the tedium that PS2 kind of turns into after a while.

What the devs need to do is find some way to keep the populations up while offering more continents to battle on, and there are many ways to address that issue. In PS1 continents could be empire locked once an empire conquered them, which forced the population into fighting on only a few continents at a time. In addition you can have server merges - as more continents open up you merge some of the servers. Or, alternatively, you can simply have rolling continent lockouts where some days, or some times of day, some of the continents are shut down.

In fact, I think the state of the game right now would benefit drastically if they did continent lockouts during non-peak hours. If the total population logged in cannot fill two of the continents then one of the three continents should be shut down. If it cannot fill even one continent then two of the continents gets shut down. This would force real battles on at least one continent. When the population increases to the point where you can't maintain all the players on the active continent(s) then you begin unlocking the other continent(s). This system would work fine no matter how many continents you have available to play on; as the populations increase you open up access to some continents, and as the population falls you lock out enough continents so that the currently available players will have somebody to fight rather than the continual three way zergs that exist on each continent most of the time. The only question from here is how do you determine what continents get locked out and what do you do about the continent benefits.
  11. Zer0range

A continent without planes would attract little attention due to the fact that the player base who can't cope with air is so miniscule.
    • Up x 1
  12. PRAFTD

You are sounding more and more like a troll.
  13. Slyguy65

More urban environments are a must the ONLY infantry heavy place is bio lab....I say they get push for more underground bases...
  14. Zer0range

Is that an admission of your own preconceptions?
  15. PRAFTD

You seem like a person who cannot see beyond his own personal bias to objectively view things the way they actually are. You dance around strawmen and avoid issues completely, only to respond with "it's just the minority" or pointless questions like this one. You lack the ability to have anything resembling a purposeful conversation; relevant discussion is not something to be shrugged off as pointless, regardless of your viewpoint on the matter.

Instead of moving yourself back toward a decent discussion, you will most likely say something completely disrespectful or simply throw out ideas that spur nothing of value and waste more time.

I'm done.
  16. vanbarbee

I disagree, maybe its just been my experience, but air power doesn't seem to be overpowered in PS2. It actually feels quite balanced, good pilots get a few kills before being forced to ground and repair, bad ones simply get shot out of the sky.
  17. TehGrimZa

Sounds like you (megrim) need to learn how to fly and join the fun. Honestly I think it would be interesting to make an all infantry zone.

But in all honesty if you can't get a team of 4-6 to do some Anti-Air then yeah, you're going to get farmed; plain and simple. Get some good anti-air pilots and have them push the libies off your frontlines.
  18. Zer0range

Seemingly.

True, I tend to avoid them.

Well, you more than implied that my response was trolling, thus my question was not entirely misplaced, was it?

This sounds like wharrgarbl to me.
    Ok.
  19. Yeo-Yin

once again : even if i create a team of 5/6 people we won't have the right to clear the sky of ALL aircraft (including allies). Is it that hard to understand that someone can love battle near a corner or love when the two armies ar on the 2 side of a hill with only 10 or 20 meters between them ?
    Plus, as it seems that most of pilots cannot understand logic, i'll just use a simple sentence : "if something let you have a k/d > 1 when you don't habe a higher skill than other player, this thing is op".
    I hate k/d as most of time it means nothing, but it's an other topic.
  20. Mathematics

:rolleyes: Nice "logic".