[BUG] [MAJOR ISSUE] Infantry maneuverability in all terrains

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hashlak, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hashlak

I dont know if this is a bug or what, but i have been playing for a long time now and recently came back to see how ps2 has been developing..

Now im sure every single person will agree with me here on the forums that it is ***** ANNOOYING when u get stuck or cannot climb small slopes as infantry. Im tellin you this makes the game feel like $hitt !

I mean try assaulting the crown, its so annoying and bugged jus trying to maneuver your player through any kinds of hills, even climbing little rock makes the animation of you falling and landing falling and landing with the gun shaking around everywhere... I mean its rediculous.

This game has such a large scale and yet you SOE do not realize the importance of scaling and kind of hills properly.. Just makes it feel like an old crappy game you know.. i cant count how many times ive gotten stuck just trying to get over a teeny tiny little hill or jumping over some rocks and you get stuck in the rocks !?!? This really has a big effect on the experience you get in the game.. You obviously want people to get around and over rocks because we still manage to do it after jumping around for 10 mins.. just doesnt make sense why you guys dont correct your level design and player scalability/maneuverability

WTFFFF ?? This should be on very high priority !
  2. maxkeiser

You didn't cert into crampons? It's a vital cert tree for movement.
  3. Wardancer

Agreed, it should be possible to traverse all terrain as infantry. The only thing stopping you should be movement speed. Climbing up a steep hill should slow you down making you an easy target. But it should pretty much always be possible to get up. No more instances where you suddenly slide down a hill that looks no different from the one you just climbed.
  4. MarkAntony

Skiing with tanks is even worse. They are tracked vehicles for crying out loud.
  5. JohnnyMaverik

Sometimes I look at a hill and I just think "eh... this isn't going to work", one minute later I'm astride the top. Ten minutes later I come to another hill, and think "well... it's definitely easier than that last one" 10 minutes later I give up or worse get stuck in some random geometry pit that's impossible to get out of.
  6. jeuvisage

Come on guys, you all know it is much more important that SOE implement money grabs like SMGs rather than fix core game play issues or hackers. If you really have that much of a problem with terrain, get in a Magrider for christ sakes, dont you know this game is World Of Tanks 2?
  7. FateJH

I'm happy they tried to color code hill geometry for navigability, because you can generally scale tan surfaces on brown terrain walls on Indar, for example, but they didn't do a really good job because of the whole three dimensions thing. Some things that you can't climb up you can climb across, but some things that you can climb up you can't climb across, and some things you can't do either. Sometimes if you try to jump straight, it will never work. Turn 10 degrees and everything's peachy.

All these colors and textures are similar to the point of indiscernible, depending on your graphical fidelity. The fact that they exist at all in any tight conjunction, accompanied by the inability to (use your hands to) climb ledges. The only thing you can be certain of is the ability to get 90% up a hill before you have to see whether jumping gets you over these little bumps in the road that is too steep, before returning to a "more reasonable slope" or whether that last bit can be scaled at all.