Maintenance in 15m.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Aug 5, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

I have been wondering. What do they do when they take down the servers all the time?
    Vaccum clean the server room? Flick the power switch on and off? Change hardware? Tighten hinges? Im genuinely curious.
    I know it has to be something that they must do every week at a certain time of day, apparently.

Sometimes they go down then come back with no apparent changes or notes except "scheduled maintenance".
    And everyone seems to be like "Oh yeah, that makes sense to me. Cya in a few hours" no questions asked.
    Do they have to take them down even if they dont need to because its "scheduled" weekly?

I dont know, i may just be stupid, but im just curious as to know what they mean by maintenance.
    Atleast i didnt use the [PSA] tag.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Something like this I guess.
  3. andy_m

As far as I am aware, today's "scheduled maintenance" is associated with the updates that have been anounced today.
  4. Cinnamon

You could check the news and game updates sub forums. But maintenance on servers are often things like restarting, upgrading software, database maintenance, hardware upgrades. That sort of thing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liam23490

I logged in thinking I would check out the directives, it said maintenance in 4min... guess the updates hadn't been applied to EU yet.
  6. Cinnamon

The time they give is normally US pacific coast time. All severs are maintained at the same time but it's like 8-9 hours behind.
  7. Kirbs

It won't be up until around 2pmGMT (3pm BST) but you can't bet the maintanance will take longer today then they plan. . Lets play a game and see who gets closer.

My Guess: 4:56pm
  8. andy_m

Don't forget that you can usually start downloading the game update before the servers come back online.
  9. Zhakathoom

And then down again at 17:03 for emergency hotfixing.

- Z
  10. Pikachu

They oil the cogs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Moz

15:45 GMT
  12. Pootisman

Not yet. Game updates and maintenance always happen in the afternoon and evening (= primetime) for Europeans :mad:
  13. Clay

Found this with typing "meanwhile at soe" in the youtube search bar. Wasnt disappointed. This could be quite accurate.
    • Up x 1