Mah RIGG can't run Planetside2 no more!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Steveru, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Steveru

Planetside2, used to run great, now it doesn't. What gives?? Game is unplayable while flying, game is unplayable while in huge 100+ fights. I've torn all my hair out of my head.

Also some quirky issues like: flak cannon fire seems to murder my framerate, likewise, lolpods murder my framerate. If I redeploy in a new area, the game is unplayable for about 30-40 seconds, in the meantime, everyone is headless, there are no particle effects. Vehicles and infantry vanish sometimes when they die. And constantly, constantly, constantly, constantly the framerate is ALL over the place. That's off the top of my head but the game seems riddled with issues now compared to when I first played back in the beta.

specs:
    Intel core i5 CPU 750
    DDR3 SDRAM 4GB
    EVGA P55 SLI E655
    ATi Radeon HD 5700

I mean yeah, I'm aware no build is going to be futureproof, but I don't want to get any new hardware just yet (it's not that time of year). But aside from that I've done just about everything else.
    I've messed with the allotted ram "bcdedit /sset increaseuserva 3200" or 3000 or 4000
    I've fiddled with the .ini file to exhaustion.
    The only thing I have yet to do is reinstall windows, just need to grab a student copy and I'll give it a shot.
    So what I'm really asking is:
    • has anyone experienced smoother gameplay after reinstalling windows?
    • has anyone upgraded their PC because of PS2, what works? what doesn't?
    • does anyone know of any other suggestions?