Magrider rear-camera

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goden, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Goden

How many more months do we have to wait for this? How many more people need to get weapons locked because they just TK'd 6 people they couldn't see?

The third-person camera is not enough as the Magrider is too fat to see anything with - and it doesn't show behind you. While every other tank can turn the turret around the Magrider is restricted to tunnel-vision.

I was just in a fight with the NC and our tank hoard was producing (and I don't kid here) about 1 to 2 TK's per second. Countless infantry getting munched by mags and other vehicles getting pile-driven into walls and trees and insta-sploded.

Why must this vehicle be forced to use a pinhole for a viewport?
    • Up x 1
  2. SgtBreastroker

It's more a problem of people not watching where they are going. I've had members in my outfit spam the mic yelling at people to get out of the way and roadkilled the people who didn't listen and even to tell others to look around before crossing roads/areas.
  3. Badname3073

Can't you just rotate the tank 180 degrees to look behind?
  4. Goden

Yeah that's not exactly speedy.

People can't watch where they're going if they're not given the tools to see where they are going.

There are a reason why cars have mirrors and multiple large windows.
  5. treeHamster

The biggest problem with the Maggy is that you can either duck under it or hop on top of it but you can't do both. Either the Magrider will have a Frame 3 which will lift them high enough off the ground so you can crouch under the Mag or it won't have that lift and you can hop onto it, running over the top like the rest of the tanks. But there is no way to know if it has enough lift or not.

However, if they back up, you can't hop on top of it and just get creamed.

They really do need to have a rear view camera with it even if it's just showing the immediate 5m behind you and nothing else.
  6. FnkyTwn

How come I can run over friendlies by simply bumping the air around them,
    and yet I can't mow down the enemy even if I try, and then back up try again?
  7. Kastrenzo

Magrider kills more VS than it does enemies.

stay out of it's way, and by that I mean don't go anywhere near it, you never know what direction it's acid tripping pilot is going to mag-burn into. most likley into the general direction of your everything

I speak from experience. Because the way the Mag drives, you've got to pull off a lot of violent swings, strafes and drifts when taking tank or AV fire. And I've flattened a lot of engineers and clueless VS in the process. I regret nothing

It's a bit like the Type 32 Nekomata from Battlefield 2142. a gimmicky death trap.
    • Up x 2
  8. Talshere

Tis one of the reasons I dont use Magburn. Any situation where magburn might help, the control of the level 3 strafe cert is strictly better. Most good mag pilots dont use magburn. IR Smoke with Rvial combat and nanite is just flat better. You can dodge better, abuse the fact you can break line of sight for nanite ticks and break locks 5 seconds sooner after use and it will work every time.
  9. Kastrenzo

magburner coupled with rival chasis 3 , if used properly and at the right time, can swing you around facing a prowler or vanguard's ***, which if you've got a saron gunner with you, can quickly dispatch either tank.

it's gimmicky as **** but if there is no second line of tanks or CAS. It works.
  10. Lafladitu

just rotating can cause roadkill as you are not exacly round in the shape its more oval, yesterday i got 2 friendly roadkills just by trying to rotate on spot, I did not turn much either just a few degrees to shot at a sunderer

And cause Magrider do not have parking brake so when on hills you can slide down hills at 1km/h and if you then hit friendlies they get killed just by touching the Magrider.
  11. Lafladitu

just rotating can cause roadkill as you are not exacly round in the shape its more oval, yesterday i got 2 friendly roadkills just by trying to rotate on spot, I did not turn much either just a few degrees to shot at a sunderer

And cause Magrider do not have parking brake so when on hills you can slide down hills at 1km/h and if you then hit friendlies they get killed just by touching the Magrider.
  12. Caydn

As your tank can turn around on a dime you dont need a turret but lets be fair you do need something as I think your a nice guy how about a reversing beep like they have on trucks ?
  13. Red Death

You can also try looking at the minimap...
    • Up x 1
  14. Caydn

+1 what a great idea see your problem is solved now
  15. Puppy

How do you think the team mates die?
  16. Puppy

Yes... Because the mess of a minimap zoomed out to see an entire main base will tell you if one infantry is behind you directly...
    • Up x 1
  17. Puppy

How do you think the team mates die?
  18. Van Dax

bingo.
  19. xmajorcrabsx

Actually If you press the [ ] buttons it zooms in and out. The guy is right. The minimap has kept me from Tking with the magrider. In fact other than being in combat and not having time to look at my mini map I have no issues with hitting anyone.