[Vehicle] Magrider - Maneuverability

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calisai, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Calisai

A few video examples of what can be done with a Mag. A few of the intangibles that don't show up in the base stats of the vehicle. Clips are from the last couple weekends. Enjoy.

• Up x 3
  2. Jake the Dog

I love the prowler for its firepower. I love the vanguard for its survivability. I love the magrider for the purely awesome s*** you can do with it.
  3. XsolarflareX

great video. People seem to forget that the magrider can still climb like a boss. I see so many mags following roads and sticking to paths. I often wonder why. 90% of the fun a magrider generates is the oh crap moments when your blasting over a giant hill, or wagon wheeling it through a crevass.
    I've been called out for hacks by more than one person after getting my mag to places people thought were impossible.
    The mag may lack in a few areas, but once you get the hang of it, the crazy stuff it does do more than makes up for it.
    You haven't lived until you've jetted off a hill and landed in an enemy valk. :p
  4. WetPatch

I like how the Vanguard still nearly beat you even though it was 2 Magriders 2/2 and a Lightning gangbanging it, but hey that Shield isn't op at all.

Only reason it didn't kill you was because the second Mag got behind him.
    • Up x 1
  5. Foxirus

I saw 3:03 Where the mag rider ran over an enemy and got the kill. Immediately called hax. Magriders are not capable of running over enemies, Only entire squads of allies who weren't even near the tank.
    • Up x 3
  6. LodeTria

Pretty average video to be honest.
    Most of the stuff is lightnings or 2v1's and the one time you didn't outnumber you died. There wasn't even any squad chat.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jake the Dog

Most people use teamspeak not ingame voice.
  8. Jake the Dog

Please tell me you're not whining about the shield. That would just make my day. Not even kidding i will rofl.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jake the Dog

Calisai is (allegedly never fought/played with him personally) one of the best mag pilots in the game.
  10. LodeTria

What's that got to do with the quality of videos?
  11. Jake the Dog

You said there was no usage of squad chat. Most people dont nowadays (at least amongst my friends for the most part)

Also you seemed to discredit his skills. Check his stats and you might be impressed.
  12. Nintyuk

This is why I love the archer, I can consistently hit magriders no-matter what crazy spot they get them self in to.

Not great for killing them but great for keeping them on their toes and making sure they don't stay there forever.
  13. Calisai

The video wasn't supposed to showcase killing skill... but maneuverability. Oh, and my recording box isn't setup to record teamspeak when I'm in other outfits TS servers.
  14. oberchingus

Since you live in my TS - you should change those settings!

Is this the manuverability video you've been talking about, or one of many? Wondering if this should be added to your section on the Armorpedia: https://www.reddit.com/r/planetsidearmor/wiki/armorpedia#wiki_magrider
  15. Calisai

The auto-AFK bot likes to move my shadow around. (In order to record on my separate box, I actually have two TS clients connected. One for me... and the spy with a voice recorder sitting in the corner listening to everyone (softly laughing to himself).

Naw, this is more of a montage than a tutorial. A few of the clips could definitely be used as examples of the maneuvers in practice though... but it won't explain how to replicate it or even why to a large extent.
  16. oberchingus

Right on. Let Dillingerz know if you want the bot to leave your shadow alone. We have it there so people who are AFK get moved as you know.