M60 Bulldog does too much damage to armour.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Jul 11, 2020.

1. NotziMad

you're assuming it shoots 48 shots none stop.

it takes 1 second for it to shoot 4 shots, and 4 seconds for it to reload.

So 5 seconds for 4 shots,

But then, I read the rest of your post, and I saw this :

and I realised you were either trolling me, or to dumb to spend time talking to
  2. csvfr

It takes 1.25 seconds from one grenade to the next, when not reloading, so it shots -> 1.25s wait -> shot ->1.25s wait -> shots -> 1.25s wait -> shot -> 4s reload = 1.25*3 + 4 = apprx 8s per 4 grenades. It does not shot 4 grenades per seconds when not reloading no.

Raising the font size to ridicolous levels and/or adding circus-like coloring does not make a statement true. While it certainly sounds hard to justify an anti-infantry weapon doing more damage to armor than an anti-armor weapon, it is you who claim the Bulldog belongs to the former category, and so far this is not justified beyond font resizing/recoloring.
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

I should have checked your numbers earlier.

48 RPM. Rounds per minute
    A minute has 60 seconds.

If I divide 60 apples across 48 children, the math is 60/48=1,25. So every child (a Bulldog shot) gets 1,25 apples (seconds).
    1,25 seconds per Bulldog shot.
    Your claim was 4 bulldog shots per second, which is 0,25 seconds per bulldog shot. 5x more than reality. 4 shots per second would be 240 RPM.

Bulldogs can also equip either 0,75 reload speed reduction or 4 extra rounds per magazine for a total of 8 rounds.

Now redo your math.
  4. NotziMad

5. NotziMad

ok so my "educated guess" on how long it took the bulldog to shoot its 4 shots was wrong. It isn't 1 second for 4 shots, it's (like you said) 1 shot every 1.25 second, or 4 shots every 5.

add to this the 4 second reload and you get a 9 second cycle damaging 1.600. You can fit 6.66 of those cycles in a minute which would represent 10.666 damage per minute. (not 19.200).

That represents roughly 31% less damage per minute than the lightning AP gun (which was 14.000)

Which is reassuring, cause like I was saying, 36% MORE would have been insane.

That said, the Bulldog is STILL overpowered, I mean, if it still has (don't know how recently updated the wiki I'm checking is) 4000 health, it would take 22 seconds for it to destroy a lightning (17 seconds for that lightning to destroy another lightning).

Speaking of, a sundy has 1k hp more than a lightning, which explains why the sundy with bulldog beats a AP lightning in these cases.
  6. DaMetaEX

you call out the bulldog its an M60 round those suckers are large compared to the furry which can almost one clip a lightning tank
    • Up x 1
  7. NotziMad

so ....

9 days later, sorry for late reply :)

you're right, and what's the fury?

"effective against infantry and light armour / it is also capable of LIGHT DAMAGE against heavy armrour (liberators, tanks, SUNDERERS)".

So basically, to sum up this whole thread in one sentence.

The best anti armour guns for a sunderer are anti infantry guns.

(dev logic)

8. csvfr

The ingame description says: "Direct hits provides some damage to armor". with a damage of 400, and 1.25 sec refire rate. That's it. It does not say that it is an anti infantry gun anywhere, other than that it is also effective against infantry. In comparison, on the M12 Kobalt, an anti-infantry gun ineffective against armor, it only says that it is effective against infantry.

This means that the M60 Bulldog is omni-effective (effective against infantry + direct hits does some damage to armor)