Lung Cancer?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Koffee, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Koffee

My dog can hold his breath and/or breath out longer than the INF. Pretty silly thing that bother's me, but maybe I am just a baddie. :)
  2. m44v

Auraxis is poor in oxygen.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vindiana Jones

Yet I can sprint around for miles without a break ;)
    • Up x 2
  4. TheCF

I think it's for game balance reasons. Otherwise snipers would just be holding their breath all time and sniping wouldn't be such an art.
    And yes, game balance reasons. Even if infil is bad, holding our breath longer isn't gonna help.
  5. Incarnadine

Honestly, game balance makes zero sense. If we want to go that route, can we start considering the fact that only sniper rifles really have any sway? Are other guns magically and perfectly balanced so that they counter act your breathing rhythm, while snipers the only weapon that'd truely care about this, isn't?
  6. Trysaeder

Not to mention how the scope still doesn't fully stay still when you're holding your breath.
  7. Anethma

That isn't even necessary, it stays still enough that you can make a clean shot while still maintaining some realism.
  8. deathTouch

There's always ARMA2
  9. StockpowerXD

Lower gravity and the exosceleton of your shielded armor is doing most of the work anyway...

In fact all the soldiers are midgets that control humansized mini-mechas!
  10. Dcrd

I take it my fancy exoskeleton have no gyroscope or any stabilisers build in, while I have nothing but sniper rifles and an artemis in my disposal. Ok.
  11. StockpowerXD

It has stabilizers, but it's so finetuned that it perfectly adjusts to the wearers movements.
    The human-component is naturally shaky and inaccurate and thus makes the exo-armor move in perfect sync and shake as well.
    Yes the armor would be better if the human was simply removed... faster and more accurate... also the AI that is superior to any human is deactivated while someone wears the armor...

The weapon's weight doesn't play a role in this... though the weapons are overall bulkier and heavier than a human could handle, because the technology necessary to penetrate shields is very complex.

Oh and the reason only the infiltrator has problems stabilizing his sniper is, because all other classes were genetically modified into high-precision organic machines...
    The infiltrator didn't get this gene, because it would tamper with his basic human ability to turn transparent. Also scout rifles have an anti-shake system, while snipers don't have it, because... GRAVITY!!!
  12. Aktarus

as a NC infil i cant hold my breath longer when i fight VS and see one of them in my scope lense just because i have to facepalm everytime about those purplez spandex suit and coneheads helmets
  13. Vindiana Jones

That's low, even for a bunch of guys that look like Toys'R'Us Space Marines.