Low BRs with High Directives... how?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Alexanor

How is it that people have 1500+ directive points and are only BR20-BR39? Unless I have had the misfortune of dying to the same select few people, I just don't understand how that is possible by a good number of people. I want to believe that they're well-earned, but I can't help but raise a big Red Flag every time I see it.
  2. Alarox

Directive score is per account, not per character.
    • Up x 1
  3. Stigma

yep its people with alts. directive points also "stack" as far as I know so if you are extra crazy you can do directives on multiple characters for crazy directive score beyond what is even the "maximum".

-Stigma
  4. Xasapis

It's also a good indication if there is something fishy with that low BR, or he's an already high skilled player starting in another empire or server.
  5. FieldMarshall

I think directive points (dp) is a good indication of a legit player. Even for someone cheating, getting dp's would take a while.
    And im guessing people who play to cheat wouldnt bother with such a long term endeavour.
    Unless there is a way to cheat and insta-complete a bunch of directives and get super high dp.
    If it existed, i highly doubt it wouldnt get instantly picked up by SoE.

If someone has 2 BR100 chars and 2800dp, they probably wouldnt make a BR1 just to start doing something "fishy", getting their account flagged.
    If you are getting farmed by a BR1 with 2800dp, its more likely that he has a bunch of BR100s than it it cheating.

Here is a fun fact: If you complete all the (easy) silver directives, you get 435 directive points.
    If you have 7 characters on your account, you get 3045 directive points just for completing silver directives.
  6. FateJH

So has anyone figured out what to do with all these points yet?
  7. Bingabong

Low BRs with high directives? I cannot explain how this happened, therefore... God did it! There I figured it out.
    • Up x 1
  8. Leftconsin

Show off?
    There was a /yell conversation I was in yesterday during a biofarm about how much directives mean, how good in general people with 2k+ points are, and how much people suck. Honestly, I have something like 510 points and I suck at this game HARD. Some other people were also very critical of themselves while owning 500-1000 points.

Basically every discussion I've ever had on the subject boils down to:

More directive points implies
    More experience playing implies
    Skill.

There isn't a perfect correlation, but someone with 2k directive points probably knows how to shoot straight.
    • Up x 1
  9. _itg

Well, there are a number of confirmed instances of people stat padding to get directives. You know, things like creating a dummy account to kill over and over. But yeah, 99% of the time a low BR with a high directive score is just an alt of a veteran player.
  10. Xasapis

It is the same as with high BR. The BR is merely an indication of time played, but one would assume that people have picked up a thing or two about playing the game in the mid time.

High amount of directives mean more diversity in playing. Either playing multiple classes and weapons, multiple vehicles or multiple empires.