[Suggestion] LOUDER 1hk knives (!)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Doc Jim

It's in the title, these knives need to be A LOT LOUDER. And while we're at it, we can leave C4 alone (as in not nerf it) and just make the Light Assault trooper's jet pack a bit louder as well. After all, I doubt that any vehicle player ever got frustrated because of enemy players RUNNING to their vehicle with C4.

Seriously, silent drifters falling on your head and "instastabbing" you is just as infuriating as dying to a C4-pooper.

Yeah, yeah, I know, situational awareness etc. bla bla bla. This is just a request for a useful audible sound like the Infiltrator's cloaking giveaway, not a nerf to any functionality.
  2. FateJH

But you've just made all flanking attempts easier to hear coming now for LAs by adjusting the volume of the jet packs as other people hear it, not just for tanks drivers.

(Also, I'm certain Infiltrators wished their cloak sounds were less audible at range and even I wonder if the range at which they can be heard is too great every now and then.)
  3. Doc Jim

To be fair, the range at which the cloak is audible is quite ridiculous, if you listen closely you can still hear it at 100m or even 150m. That's not what I'm asking for. But within, say, 20m enemy 1hk-knives should be audible without cranking your headphones/speakers to dangerously high volumes.
  4. sustainedfire

I have not seen it as a problem yet.

If someone knifes you, its a deserved kill.

Unless they are hacking, or have huge latency issues that have them knifing you from unbelievable distance.
  5. JKomm

Here is the thing about knives... they are meant to be a silent kill; now I would agree to an extent that they should be somewhat louder, but to be "A LOT LOUDER" as you say would break them entirely for their intended purpose. I am by no means a stealthy player, I run with one of the loudest shotguns in the game and use very audible C4... but when I'm flanking an occupied target(Lets say a tank) and there is an enemy within proximity to it, I'll whip out the knife and kill them quietly. I do this as an Engineer, mind you, I don't have the ability to fly and get an easy kill with C4.
  6. Magma52

I haven't been killed by any of the OHK knives once yet. It seems that people just do what I do: run up to someones back, shoot crossbow/commissioner once and quick knife. It's essentially one hit kill and it is all totally silent with crossbow.

Speaking of knives, the hit detection is broken right now. They need to fix that. Let's not let them forget it.
  7. sustainedfire

I have been hit with the knives. Nevet enough to get upset by the attack. Twice I was even impressed the person had the patience to stalk and then dispatch me, and probably a few other stragglers.

I hardly see it as a problem. I sort of want to try using the knife, though I expect a lot of disappointment, with occasional moments of glory.

Personally, it's more appealing to get sticky grenades or gun a lib or get a tank- anything for consistent kills and more cert income.
  8. DxAdder

I'm all for it right after they make ninja jump packs louder.
    • Up x 1
  9. Magma52

Tru dat, they are probably a little too quiet.