[BUG] Lost a number of players during primetime today

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Jul 15, 2022.

1. JibbaJabba

Players with usually triple digit framerates down in the double digits.

Some players from triple digit to single digit framerates at the heavy fights.

Visual artifacts. Infravision is unplayable.

I know dev is aware of these. It's in the bug forums.
    I know Dev is hoping for a big blowout weekend with the new release and hoping to generate some cash.

There is a risk associated with trying to patch just before the weekend. Do something wrong and it could jeopardize that potential cash boost.

I'm telling you it's bad right now and that cash boost might be at risk if it isn't patched before the weekend.

It's a bad one. I'm going to go play something else and check back. Sure would like the XP and all but this is too frustrating.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

While I have no noticeable FPS drops, I've seen many complain about this in yell chat. Though I *did* notice that in a huge fight at Nason's infantry only rendered at ~10 m range. Would be curious as to why some have it and some don't. Infravision problem I've seen, it's hilarious.
    But considering that a large chunk og their playerbase will be asleep during that event anyway - which speaks to at best neglect during the selection of the timeslot to begin with - I'm not sure this will have that much impact. So...one bad decision mitgates another, I guess?