Loss of HP - Bug or what?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Eternaloptimist

Twice now while playing stalker infil (once each on two different accounts) I've been ambling along quite happily when:
    • My avatar jerks in a random direction and decloaked once. the other time I was already unlcoaked (no explosion, no flinch, no EMP visual effect so guessing not attacked)
    • I loose all but a sliver of my HP
    • my regen implant won't work
    • I can't cloak (or recloak) although I can still move and shoot
    I was wonderring if anyone else has experienced this and if so, was it on any other class i.e. a general issue or likely to be specific to infil.
  2. Atis

Could be lag or position desync. Something like that happened with my sundy. I was getting damage a speed similar to Gatekeeper but without any sound effects or visible explosions. I moved sundy to cover, got health to red, jumped out to repair and fell under map. I guess game coordinates were desynchronized in my client and at server, so for other players sundy rendered elsewhere and explosions happened elsewhere, then game tried to correct position and put me under map.
  3. Gundem

I've got the same problem as you. Different symptoms, but I also got wizards afoot.
  4. WeRelic

I'm not sure about the other servers, but the hitching has been terrible on Emerald, at least for me.

Flew a lib out of warpgate @64ms ping, got one hex out then hit 1000+ms.
    At one point my lib went from full health to dead in a matter of 3 meters ( on my client at least )... at top speed. I didn't hear a single round hit me.
  5. Plastikfrosch

• never happend to me
    • it wont work as long as you are cloaked
    • if you use your cloak too fast after using a terminal you are trapped in the cloak. if you are using huter cloak you only have to wait until the energy drains empty but if you are using stalker cloak you have to run around like a headless chicken until the energy is empty.
  6. Eternaloptimist

Thanks for that - useful information as I am new to infil play. Although neither applied to my specific case I will be sure to take account of these pointers in the future.

From other posts it sounds like I just experienced some kind of desync. Bummer.