Looking for good people/group

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Hastur, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Hastur

Hi!

I'm a player with 1000 hours of gametime in Planetside2. As the headline says, I'm looking for good people or a group to play with. I've been a couple of outfits but didn't like them so I resigned. Been in several squads/platoons but 95% of time I notice myself thinking "why are these people in a squad if they don't work as a squad?". And no, working as a squad/platoon does not mean "lets get 50 magriders and sunderers and zerg".

In real life I have military training and I've noticed I enjoy playing Planetside because the potential in this game. The unique possibility to play with tanks, aeroplanes and infantry makes this game great. Most people don't give this game enough credit because they see it as straightforward shooter. I'd like to think we as players have much more options.
    For example: Why hang out in spawn room when you are surrounded by enemy? When you try to run out, you get insta-killed. Why not think a bit bigger and redeploy to next own base and launch counter-attack from there. Take out enemy sunderers from direction they don't expect.
    That is what I'm after - playing the game and at the same time looking at bigger picture. Many times during alerts squads/platoons are concentrated to few bases and during the fight they don't see the situation as whole. Enemy might realize taking one unguarded base leaves us cut off from our warpgate. Sometimes we notice the attempt and have time to do something about it. Sometimes we are too late.

Some people think being in a unified squad that is lead by a leader, giving orders, planning tactics, is being yelled at. They can't be more wrong. When a squad works well together, no-one needs to be yelled at. Leader gives orders and they are followed, simple as that. In battle situations change constantly and good squad and leader can adjust to changes. Good leader also sees where his/her squad is most useful. Perhaps the best place is not on the hillside where 50 of our soldiers are already shooting. Good leader sees the battlefield and can take squad to position where they are flanking the enemy giving friendly soldiers a chance to advance.

So I'm looking for people who enjoy good fight and have an eye for strategy and tactics. If you are in a good squad/platoon, write me. Or perhaps you see this game as me and we'll form our own outfit.
  2. Sovereign533

Oof. Well, we have quite similar goals and ideas (sorry for responding so late). But unfortunately we're an NC outfit.
    So if you'd ever find yourself wanting to find a good NC outfit then I suggest to take a look into WASP-Inc.

VS outfits I don't know much about. But I took a look around.
    DWG I mostly remember them from a while ago, apparently still active. Don't see their ticker all that often, at least not that I remember. But I rarely fight VS, don't like their weapons. http://deathwatchgaming.com/ for more info.
    ViB I've seen around as well. While on Reddit it says they are recruiting, I don't see application information
    VoGu is the same as ViB, I've seen them around and Reddit says they are recruiting but no mention how.
    And last, DIGT. Now DIG is quite the zergfit, DIGT is their 'tactical' arm. I don't know how they pull it off. Maybe someone from DIG or DIGT can give you more information on that, I have no idea of their inner workings. I quite like Justicia though (their outfit leader)

Good luck on your future endeavors.
  3. Shamrock

Hastur your welcome to run with a UMVS squad, just send me a whisper in game and I will hook you up. We always play the objective when an alert is running, we have a real mix of guys aged 18 - 50, and a handful of ex military as well.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/umvs-uni-matrix-vs.114940/