Looking for an ambitious TR outfit

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Dictatorfish, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Dictatorfish

I originally started off as TR. I switched to VS to join Deathwatch Gaming on the recommendation of a friend who had been with them in beta but sadly no longer plays. After 3 months of being in the outfit, I have now left DwG (see bottom note) and intend to return to my TR roots.

I'm hoping to find a TR outfit that, more than anything, has very high ambitions. Use of real-life military tactics would be a dream come true but, right now, if they simply know how to operate within squads (not just run around together like a platoon-sized horde) with plans and ambitions to be even better, I'll be delighted to do my best to help fulfill that ambition.

Primarily, I play as a combat medic and I care little for my personal stats. I don't care about my K/D ratio, my accuracy or anything like that. What I do enjoy is playing the role of a force multiplier: I enjoy keeping my team mates healed up and in the fight, I enjoy firing off smoke grenades to screen my squad's movement, I enjoy laying down suppressing fire to deter the enemy from sticking their heads out so my team mates can advance without getting fired upon. I can and enjoy squad leading, but I do equally enjoy being the lowly pawn that's defending the rook pinning down the enemy king. I enjoy winning more than I enjoy getting impressive stats or making a name for myself.

I'd like to join an outfit that enjoys winning as much as I do.

*Note: DwG are indeed an awesome outfit. There were some fundamentally important policies and principles that I couldn't align myself with, stuff that would bug me forever, and that's the only reason why I left. DwG is full of great guys, I had a wonderful time there and I wish them nothing but the best (apart from when I'm fighting them, of course).
  2. IMTasty

I can recommend this guy, go go outfits, go fish the fishy up if you're serious about team play. It's a catch.

Hah, puns.
  3. Ramaans

4. Dotz0r

If you are looking for an ambitious TR outfit, then BRTD could be the outfit for you! - We are forever evolving in our structure and knowledge, we strike a balance between what is fun and what is serious business. We may not be the best but we strive to be so. We may be big, we may have x y and z but at the end of the day BRTD has been around for eons, it has a history and most defiantly a future because of it.

*Note : We are not milsim yes sir , no sir - but with an outfit with a considerable amount of serving / ex serving and a crap ton of casual players, ideas blend and every viewpoint is examined, every suggestion looked into , everyone matters at the end of the day - we are forever learning new tactics, some fail - some do not but how can you achieve success without knowing all spectrums and trying new things.

If you would like to "taste" the essence of BRTD i am sure you can hop onboard and play and see before you buy sort of thing.

With TR there are many great outfits, if i was looking for a great outfit - i would be like a kid in a candy store when it comes to TR of miller. (with what i know now obviously)

www.BRTD.net
  5. piggy

HOW MUCH IS THE FISH, RLY.

id love to roll with some fish.
  6. Dictatorfish

Ah, that's a good point: I'm not looking for milsim, but if we had "mindless zerg" on one end and "milsim" on the other, I would definitely be looking for something more towards the "milsim" end of the scale. I wouldn't even mind strict milsim provided we can chat, joke about and have a laugh when we're between fights (i.e. "super serious mode" when we're in combat, casual when we're not).

Many thanks for the offers, guys; I'll get in touch with you online and see if I can run along with you as a guest. I hope we could also have a chat about what your hopes, plans and ambitions are for the outfit. Sorry if this feels very picky of me, but I hope you can understand when I say that I am looking for somewhere for the long term and I'd want to be part of something I'd be proud of for more reasons than simply because I've got a few letters in front of my in-game name.

PS. While Scooter is indeed a genius, the depth of meaning in his lyrics bring a tear to the eye, he has nothing compared to the intellectual master pieces of Pitbull and his innovative and creative use of language.
  7. IMTasty

I don't recognize you with the new avatar.

But we understand, and also to be fair, there are plenty of outfits TR side, but not all of them are as hyperactive on the forum. But you can check the topics yourself to see that. Also with BRTD, we are very much an outfit that's in for a bit of change atm going by our forums, so that is something to keep in mind. We grew quite a bit quicker than we expected. But you already know that. ;)
  8. Dictatorfish

Yup, and I was responding to both Ramaans (SoV) and Dotz0r (BRTD). You know what, though, I'm tempted to change back to the VS logo avatar, just to mess with the heads of newbies. =P
  9. IMTasty

Indeed, I just like pointing out obvious facts.

But if you really want to mess with everyone you know, new people, people you played with and people you are gonna play with. Choose an NC avatar. :D
  10. Felkuro

Good luck with whatever outfit you join m8t. ^^ Cya on ze battlefield!
    • Up x 1
  11. IMTasty

Thumbs up for being a normal decent human being, the world needs more. :)
  12. Ramaans

Our main goal is organization on all scales. This requires a lot more leaders compared to some outfits, which is why we are running a leader training program.

Examples.

Our basic infantry squad has a squad leader, there's one leader for 8-12. However we might have an embed in the squad or/and an assistant leader. Air embed means 2 people in the infantry squad who can be called at any time to insta suicide to the nearest air spawn and bring a mosquito element. One of the two people in the embed lead that element separately from the infantry squad and recieve their orders from the infantry squad leader, but they will be working between each other with whispers on TS.

In our Platoon we might have 3 infantry squads and a support element. Some of the infantry squads might or might not have assistant squad leads, so the amount of leaders for 30-35 persons could vary from 3-8 in our organization. Platoon lead, 2-3 squad leads, 0-3 assistant leads, 1-2 support element leads. Sunderer drivers are sort of their own leaders as well, they are responsible for making sure the sunderer is alive so the squad lead doesn't need to micro manage it.

What having a leader for each invidual element enables is coordination. We might have a 4 person prowler squad. They have a leader and can be submitted under squad lead or given their own tasks. Usually though we want to keep the prowlers supported by infantry because it's 2 way protection from threats.

Assistant leader within a squad enables it to have 2 maneuvarable elements when the situation calls. Maybe covering fire or making a flank with a half squad while one holds ground.

Our infantry game play is very solid. Coordinated rocketfire, fire bases, squads supporting each other, communication, stat reports, quick response and class switches. We are trying to to get vehicle elements to be a natural part of our organization, it just requires a lot of willing leaders, which we have and are training. A lot of times vehicles are used as mass pull but we aim to have them as support elements which can be trusted to be there operation long. Though they are support elements and our core is infantry so we require every leader to lead infantry to get an understanding on how it works before moving into specialized elements.

We play the game by the rules which Planetside 2 sets. We've derived our organization from playing. My first outfit was a milsim outfit and I decided that I'm not into role playing I want to excel in the game as what it is. So now I'm the PS2 manager for SoV.

In-game nick is Raumance and you can get a hold of me by registering to www.soundofviolence.eu and sneding pm to Raumance.
    • Up x 1