Looking for a TR/VS outfit for older players

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by DaddyVinoBambini, Apr 19, 2013.

1. DaddyVinoBambini

Looking to create either a TR or VS character to play with an outfit of like minded players.

Preferably a smaller (1 Squad to 1 Platoon during the evenings would be ideal). Most of the folks I started playing with don't play anymore and solo play is only fun for so long; neither is dealing with someone raging into comms about what class I currently need to be deployed as or what vehicle I need to spawn.

Looking for folks who work well together, don't take the game seriously/personally yet still like to apply a little tactics and strategy without telling me how to play (I've played enough to know how to play to my strengths).

I enjoy playing a mix of Light Assault, Combat Medic and a little Heavy Assault. I'm not big into vehicle play (unless I'm deploying from one).

Thanks for your time!
  2. Total_Overkill

What was your original server, and what do you know about Waterson?
    Your choice in TR or VS will have drastic differences you wont find on other servers.
  3. DaddyVinoBambini

I play on Waterson. Due to mergers, I have a TR and VS on the server. Been playing TR more, but that's simply because all of my friends were playing TR. Now that they no longer login, my focus is finding people who I enjoy playing with and not how high my battle rank is on my character or anything silly like that.

I understand the empire situation. I'm fine with either of the factions, just looking for a steady group of folks to play with who have a similar play style philosophy.
  4. Total_Overkill

Then you should already know which clans you should join and which to stay away from!

---> http://www.xoohq.com/ps/ <---

... glad i could help!
  5. DaddyVinoBambini

Haha! I hear ya.

Yeah I have a somewhat vague idea of which outfits to avoid but I do know that there are more than the 5-10 large outfits that list public platoons regularly. Just trying to get an idea of what else is out there that might have a more older/mellow atmosphere and maybe focuses on small squad play vs 48+ rolling on an objective.

I hear a lot of hostility and disrespect towards each other when playing in some of the larger outfit public platoons. Half the time, the in-fighting is between outfit teammates. It seems to me (maybe I'm missing something) that, joining larger platoons wouldn't offer me anything more than what I would get by simply relying on the open squad window for a spot. No disrespect intended to the leadership of those outfits (I play with many of them and they do a great job) or the folks in them, but It's just not my thing. It's nice to feel like your role on the team is helping with the objective, sometimes it's hard to get that sense in a multi-platoon campaign.
  6. Shanther

As Total already said, I suggest you look into us XoO boys. Sentinels are also highly worth looking into.
  7. Dagonlives

Imperial Reach is a good group if you are looking for maturity on the TR

Hostile Paradigm is a great group if you are looking for mature people acting immature on the TR.
  8. StAugstine

If you're interested in casual gaming in an outfit that's just getting started you might consider the outfit I'm in, the Valkyrie. I really like the leaders of the group, they're good at communicating in game and can explain a lot to you. You said that you're not into vehicles much, so have to let you know a lot of us enjoy piloting scythes. Link to a thread about the group below.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/vlky-the-valkyrie.96296/
  9. DeathTeFirst

For VS, I'd recommend joining The Black Square. We are one of the more casual outfits on the VS, but when we buckle down, we get things done.
    We encourage anyone interested to check out our website: theblacksquare.net and our mumble server: mumble.theblacksquare.net Port: 7389
  10. lipnitz

Check us out @ 1starmored.us
    We would love to have yah
  11. Posse

Infantry-based outfit? Rolling a squad or two in the evenings? Well, BOG is exactly that, check us out at www.blazeofglory.co, we have a BR10+ requirement, but if you already played the game with another char then it doesn't apply.

Benefits include sharing the vent with the most famous celebrity of the VS @ Waterson: MAR MAR
  12. Ash87

Hey! You hang out with us too, you filthy peasant!

And yeah, swing by a HSTL Squad sometime if you'd like, we try to have fun more than anything else. We typically run 1-2 squads during the week with our night crew swelling to about a platoon rather regularly these days. We currently have the basic groundpounding infantry, but have 1 specialized squad of skirmishers, 1 group that is being set up as a tactical unit, we're working on an airwing and vehicle corp... and we're known for point defense.

We prefer TS for our stuff, and try to give people a community to play with on and off of PS2.
  13. Nyxpip

Purple Wraiths reporting in. We're a much smaller group looking to grow, focused on tight-knit infantry play. We flow from casual to organized depending on what the situation calls for, along with group training sessions and an organized op every week.

We can field a squad + a few during prime time, but during downtime (since low numbers) it's more laid back and relaxed.

http://perps.enjin.com/ if you're interested, and feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
  14. DeltaGun

XoO is for YoU
  15. ({x})Kyoji

I support XoO! A bunch of laid back adults kicking butt and taking names. We are medium sized and we all get along. We have been around for 10+ years now and played PS1 as one of the top outfits. We put aside elitism and focus on teamwork and getting things accomplished together and it shows because we are widely recognized as one of the tougher outfits out there. This is surprising given how terrible a shot I am. ;)

SENT is another great outfit as well and they are also an original Vanu Alliance outfit like us. IR is a top notch TR outfit. There are plenty others as well so it just depends on your preference. You are always welcome to try us out if you want, but I warn that few people ever leave. >=)

Best of luck, regardless of where you end up. :)
  16. Sentrosi

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but hopefully you can give the Dragon Wolves a chance.We like to think that we have a healthy mix of younger players and older veterans of various FPS games. We're like-minded in game in that we like to rely on strategy and tactics to maximize our firepower while hitting an enemy held fortification. We don't shy away from hard fights, but we also realize when to move tactically in an opposite direction from the enemy.

If you'd like to give us a shot, click the link at the bottom of my signature and fill out an application.