Looking for a TR Outfit?

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Weterman, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Weterman

I want an outfit that invites anyone, and it doesn't matter your skill. Just an outfit that gets together and does large tank columns or something like that.

I want an outfit that isn't too serious, I just want to be part of a giant tank column.

And Mic NOT required.
  2. doombro

Pretty much every large outfit does tank columns at one point or another. The biggest outfits seem to be TT6, TRAF, FOXC, and HSTL, in no specific order. They're the ones I see the most of, anyway. TT6 doesn't require a mic, however, you do have to be in teamspeak, or you will be kicked from the squad during a role call.

However, if you're just looking to vehicle spam all day, I recommend switching over to the VS. That's their thing.
  3. Weterman

what do you mean a role call?
  4. doombro

Many squads/platoons will periodically check to see who is actually in teamspeak, listening in, and following orders. It's very difficult to actually coordinate a squad that isn't listening to you. And text chat doesn't quite achieve the rapid responses we need in an organized platoon. So, we use Teamspeak, a VOIP program used frequently in team-based multiplayer games.

TT6 typically only has between 20 and 30 people online, except around 8 PM, so, we tend to take in random people looking for squads to account for our lack of manpower. We put it pretty clearly in our squad titles that presence in teamspeak is expected, if not required. We kick those who don't follow this.

It's a fairly simple procedure; "bravo 3, are you in teamspeak? [await response], okay. Alpha 7, are you in teamspeak? [await response]", etc. Kick the ones who don't respond. If they were just AFK or something, it's no problem for them to rejoin when they get back.

TL;DR, We check to see who's actually listening to commands to keep the squad coordinated.
  5. Weterman

I guess your outfit isn't for me.