lookin for a good sidearm

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kalari, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Kalari

fellow NC infiltrators i need advice.

i typically run around with the SAS-R. and while im not really that great with it yet it has been my favorite weapon as i can be near the fight and with a careful shot take out ppl and still reach out and touch some1.

but with this i havent yet found a good pistol to complement it. i have a supressed magshot and a comissioner.
    my problem is for up close the comissioner does great dmg but fires too slow for my taste. and the magshot well....just doesnt cut it for when i got ppl in my face

i would like to have a suppressed wep for the sake of staying off the mini map but i do have a cloak. this weapon might also pull double duty with a stalker cloak when i feel the need.

thank you
  2. _itg

Really, the Commissioner would have been my first suggestion. It goes particularly well with the SAS-R since if you land a body shot at close-medium range, you can switch to your pistol and finish off the other guy in one more body shot. You might prefer the Underboss, which fires faster and kills faster at close range, but it won't be as effective as a finisher or at medium range.

If you really want a suppressed pistol (are you suppressing your SAS-R, too?) you could give the Desperado a try. It's incredibly inaccurate, but it's the closest thing NC has to a pocket SMG. I recommend avoiding hipfiring this gun, since the bloom per shot in insanely bad if you don't.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kalari

no i dont supress my SASR but im kinda tempted to.

based on what ur saying sounds like the underboss is what i need. i cant aim for crap in cqc so i need the spammability.
    but that might also mean i need to tinker with me sensitivity on my mouse. off to the VR room i go
  4. Campagne

I'd have to recommend the LA8 Rebel. It really is the best of both worlds if you don't want to use the Commissioner or NC4 Mag-Shot. High damage, fair rate of fire, 10 rounds, accurate, even supports a suppressor.

Personally not my first choice, but a close second.

Edit: Didn't look at the timestamp. I hope your happy with what you have now anyway!
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

If you need the spammability, but can't aim, Underboss is the opposite of what I'd recommend.

Underboss is like a Commissioner on adrenaline. It can take out anyone within a sensible range in a couple of headshots, and it can fire those headshots extremely fast. The main advantage here is not so much in rate of fire itself, but more in the re-centering speed. You can make follow-up shots almost without a pause, because Underboss returns aim to you faster.

In essence, Underboss rewards faster and better aiming than Commissioner. And since it packs less damage before reloading, misses are punished more. Bodyshots with that gun are countered by nanoweave, so you better aim for the head for that super fast double tap.

If you need spammability and suppressor (why would a sniper need a suppressed sidearm?), and Mag-Shot is doing it for you, there really is no other way other than to go with Desperado.

Rebel is also a good suppressable sidegrade to Underboss, and it too kills in two headshots, but only within 15m (10m with Suppressor). The weak point here is lack of Reflex sights, as normal iron sights nerf your accuracy a lot.
  6. cobaltlightning

As already Stated, since you're an NC Player, Desperado would probably do it best for you. It's 2-shot burst puts on quite the hurt when they both it, especially in those frantic CQC Scenarios I use it in. A laser sight would only improve it's CQC Potential, I feel, but as a support player I have it with a Flashlight.
  7. 0fly0

Agree with -itg comissioner is the best choice with the sas-r, it finish nicely a missing headshot since you only need one body shot for make the kill, it's also really helpfull against other infiltrator but sadly it take a little time to get use to aim with it.
  8. Khallixtus

Just Blackhand it, every day. Just get the headshots. And if you run out of ammo on your sniper rifle, just go Blackhand sniping. But yea, if you were feeling more serious, the Desperado isn't bad. But the Blackhand is really fun if you go for headshots, and the 4X scope makes it unique.
  9. Navron

I usually have a general rule that my secondary needs to complement my primary. So if I were using a SAS-R, I'd have a Desperado. If I had an SMG, I'd use the Rebel or Magshot.
    • Up x 1
  10. asmodraxus

NS pistols are the best.
  11. Leivve

Go TR.

"TX1" Repeater is the best CQC pistol in the game. Both has stupidly high DPS that can match even close range primary weapons like carbines, but it is also very spammable.

Only thing the NC have is that cheap knock off the "Desperado." Problem is the Desperado has only a x2 burst not x3 so its DPS suffers and it's more in line with other pistols, unlike the TX1.
    VS have the "Spiker", but again it's only x2 burst so falls short like the desperado.
  12. Leivve

They are the best general purpose weapons. But if you know you're going to be in a more specialized scenario (shotgun for example) the burst pistols can match it's damage and surpass it in effectiveness. The TX1 can even out do it in terms of damage in CQC.
  13. TheKhopesh

What did you decide on?
  14. Kalari

after much consideration and many hours in the VR,

ive gone with the desperado fully kitted. i thought the rebel was too much like the default pistol to be worth it.
    the crossbows were a novelty thing and the "ooo shiney" phase wore off rather fast. and i just did not care for the black hand as i needed a cqc spammable pistol to suit my play style and sorry it didnt work. hell i use a SAS-R with a 4x and in my eyes the blackhand was just a watered down version and didnt compliment my primary.

thank you all for you advice and i look forward to seein u on the field.

and to Leivve
    i have recently made a TR and i LOVE the default pistol with the TSAR. possibly why i went with the desperado
  15. TheKhopesh

Best of luck to you! :p