[BUG] Look at this brilliant alert.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CNR4806, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CNR4806

I'm out of words, you tell me what's wrong with this picture. It's definitely not my Skyguard slacking stats.

EDIT: Okay fine, you do get carried away by my stats. So I'm just gonna cut the important part out and stick it here.

[IMG]
  2. ih8Darian2

Dem 3 kills in 2 hours
    • Up x 1
  3. HadesR

Alerts on Amerish and you are on Indar :)
  4. CNR4806

I have no intention to participate an alert that I cannot stay to its end, plus how the hell am I supposed to participate in an alert that the NC already has all the target facilities?
  5. Grimfalcon77

Not sure what the bug is unless you're implying that NC winning an Amp Station alert is a bug?
  6. CrashB111

Not sure if trolling or just dense, but the OP is pointing out that the alert started with NC already owning all of the facilities in question.
  7. CNR4806

The Alert started with NC already owning all three. You won't see the alert message on the scoreboard if the NC has already won.
  8. Grimfalcon77

I guess i missed the patch where alerts only start if everyone has an equal % of the area/bases the alert is based on. My bad.
  9. KnightCole

Abt the only way nc an alert ne more . I see vs qin erry damn one of them. Even over the weekend saw them win like 4-5 more.
  10. MasonSTL

Might be a bug. A while back during the same alert (well was planet wide) two facilities that we owned showed up as TR controlled. might be the same thing.
  11. TheBillOf3D

Factions winning at the start tend to lose in the end.
  12. Stew360

you have 1h56 minutes to capture at least one of those lol simple no ?
    • Up x 1
  13. Phazaar

This has been happening since alerts went live... OP probably just hasn't noticed as he plays on the LOLOVERPOP faction.

See what I did there? Made a joke about TR being overpop because not all servers are rammed with NC as the forums seem to believe...

Anyway, on topic, these alerts are far more fun. NC haven't won the alert. An amp station has to leave their hands entirely, and then be recaptured before it will end. They have a potential 600 people with which to defend three bases. You have 600 people to attack ONE base. The other faction also has 600 people to attack ONE base, thus meaning you could have 1200 attacking one base, which has 200 'natural' defenders (as soon as there's 400 defenders, switch and get the drop on another amp station that's less well defended... Love dem strats).

I honestly feel these alerts are more fun for everyone involved, including the 600 desperately struggling to cling on to all three amp stations against unfavourable odds.
  14. Tradewind

Must be bugged, NC is winning.
    • Up x 1
  15. Heretic

I was playing as VS on Woodman over the weekend, when an alert started. We literally insta won it. It was "Alert, Alert!".. "VS Victory, Domination". The easy certs I've ever got.
  16. zib1911

Good lord man, learn to speak. Its like talking to my 3 year old.
  17. KnightCole

Im on a phone. Tiny letters n fat fingerz. Still tryin to figure it out.

I promise i do better on a pc. Lol
  18. Minimum Force

I was under the impression that the alert system would be smart enough to not assign an alert when the condition would trigger an instant win. 'Cause why start an alert on a continent with all of the territory controlled or all of the required facilities controlled by one faction if the purpose of the alert was to drum up action between all three? Now in this instance there might be a bug but I still have no clue why if this was legit that the alert would start under those conditions?

Alert says "Here's free certs to XYZ faction, huzzah!"
  19. zib1911

I hope so I thought we had another stew =)
  20. Tradewind

Could you imagine? Multiple Stews. Like some gargantuan Hydra of horrible grammar, thread ******** everywhere.