[Suggestion] Long time needed QOL for heavy tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linus, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Linus

We have seen lately some polishing regarding the vehicles, the infantry, the aircrafts...some good things and some bad things.
    The flash and the harrasser will gain some improvements soon.
    Also, we have noticed some strong desires from the players, who wish to nerf this or to boost that.

This is not the matter here, I will mainly talk about a quality of life patch for the heavy tanks. By this, i mean what could make the daily experience more enjoyable for the heavy tank players.

I have a limited experience, regarding the Prowler and the Vanguard, so i will mainly talk about the Magrider (feel free to add your own feedback, but do not start to argue about comparisons please).
    Here is a short list of what is badly needed, from my own perspective and with almost 800 hours of tank gameplay:

[common] - Collision damages
    Even at low speed, the factor of collision damages is atrocious and too powerfull.
    Random collisions onto the terrain or some objects result too often in instant death (especially on Hossin)
    This factor of collision damages should be reduced by half. Falling from high should keep the same chance to have the tank destroyed.

[common] - Road kill
    Either give the same difficulty to road-kill allies or the same ease to road-kill enemies.
    Even an Esf is better at road-killing people than an heavy tank...

[common] - Gunner & Ammo
    It may be necessary to give to the driver an indication on his screen (hud) of the remaining ammo capacity of the gunner. It is simple but it may help.

[common] - Bugs
    Ejection after exiting the tank, or falling through the terrain, hit registration issues, twice reloading bug near an ammo tower, and the list evolves or increases after each new update...

[common] - Footsteps audio
    One of the oldest bug in Planetside 2.
    When you drive in third person view, you can hear the footsteps of your character running, even if you are sat inside the tank.

[common] - Restricted access
    If you do not play with a buddy, then you will often accept random people who jump into your tank.
    However, only the Engineer is the useful class as a teammate and we could have the need of a new option to restrict the access to the gunner seat, to the engineer players only.

[Magrider] - Flipping and bump
    This heavy tank can flip way too much easily after small bumps. All the weight seems to be centralized in the middle and it gives more the feeling to drive a ball rather than something flat and large.
    Also the push backward, after having bumped into something, is too strong.
    It should reacts more like the sunderer, but a bit stronger.

[Magrider] - Infinite rotation
    After switching from the driver seat to the gunner seat, the Magrider can keep rotating on itself again and again. This is very annoying.

[Magrider] - Soapy Magrider
    I find that the land grip of the Magrider is worst and worst. Even on very light inclined plans, the Magrider will always move down gradually.
    For a tank which is supposed to fight from some inconvenient spots, it needs more stability, more grip.

Maybe more people will add feedbacks of what they think is needed after my small list.
    I believe that it may be about time to have a "quality of life update" for the tanks, and not only balance & nerfs patches for once.
    • Up x 2
  2. TriumphantJelly

You're going to get a bit of flame for those last ones.
    Fix bugs, yes.
    ESFs can roadkill better because they have less surface area hitting the target, travel at extremely high speeds; a combination of the two is that they transfer more kinetic energy into a target with less distribution. ;)
  3. JusticeForTR?

I thought this post was going to have specifics for all Empires...oh well.
  4. FateJH

You do have that. When your gunner's ammo is low, the icon next to his seat number on your UI will indicate whether the weapon is low on ammo.
    Why not make an icon requesting any specific class for gunner, in that case? if you're accepting anyone, you shouldn't be so picky about what you get. In the end, you can just lock the vehicle, kicking them, if need be. If I get a random, I warn him verbally if he's trigger happy in a quiet place, then kick him if he doesn't desist.
    This is actually "common." I've had it happen on my Lightning before when getting out, and so too on my Prowler.
    It's a hovering tank. What is it supposed to passively grip on? (Does the Magrider have a parking brake? whenever I want to stay fixed on an incline, I hold the parking brake button down. It works on any surface my tank is capable of climbing in the first place.)
  5. Linus

Feel free to share your own experience in the comments. Mine is mostly limited to the Magrider, however i wish a QOL update for all the empires.
    I am sure that some people who are more experienced with the Prowler and the Vanguard will have wiser feedbacks than me, regarding those two vehicles.
  6. Shootybob

[common] - Collision damages
    Yes, and make vehicle collision damage more predictable

[common] - Gunner & Ammo
    This exists. I would like to have an icon to show me the general direction my gunner is looking in first person.

[common] - Restricted access
    Absolutely not. I'm pretty tired of every engineer jumping out and trying to repair 1) Before I as driver am prepared 2)I usually prefer to have a gunner than faster rep. I realize people expect this kind of thing, but it is really, really dangerous. It is much safer for a person to sit in the gun, and if they do that class is irrelevant. Additionally, this adds a LOT of extra UI for little gain.

[Magrider] - Flipping and bump
    Magrider suicides more frequently than other MBT's are C4'd. This absolutely must be fixed.

[Magrider] - Infinite rotation
    I consider this more a feature than a bug. It's tied to the "last move entered moves the vehicle" and I use it all the time for combat repairs.

[Magrider] - Soapy Magrider
    There are plenty of gentle inclines the magrider can't climb but absolutely should be able to. This should definitely be addressed.[/quote]