Long time NC Veteran looking for a home

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Juraks, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Juraks

Former designated Platoon/Squad Leader, Recruiter, Trainer, and Senior Officer within a Special Forces and Armor Outfit. There's no animosity or drama behind my departing my old unit. I departed from PS2 as a second full time job to pursue IRL opportunities and other things. While my old unit was small and precise and focused on camaraderie and family while executing precise maneuvers. Stealth armor columns operating deep behind enemy lines, tactical point holds against 100+ enemy combatants for hours on end, coordinated drops to take out key enemy positions, even as far as holding a specific hill like it was our last stand to disrupt and halt enemy advances(this was way before PS2 added base building); these are but a few examples of our operations.

As per my skill set I was brought in to lead the nightly group and recruit others to join the outfit, when I started the group had around 15 members. My recruiting was selective as we wanted dedicated individuals not zombies just blindly following things around. Voice comms and a number of conditions had to be met before we brought someone in and even then we evaluated them for awhile before an sort of real status was issued. This was to vet the person so we didn't have a jerk with our outfit tag running around tk'ing everyone and giving us a bad name unnecessarily. (We actually had a recruit do this right in front of us to a friend of the outfit, it was not just a joke.)

Not only was I responsible for bringing people in but their upbringing as well, this was mainly to get the recruits up to speed and on par with the rest of the outfit members so they knew not only how we operated but why and what is expected of them based on their skill set and what they brought to the table. If someone hated playing max then the last thing I'm going to do would be to make them play it. It is a game after all but that doesn't mean I'm not supposed to know what you prefer to play and are good at so I can adapt you to best fit the situation at hand.

Team leading was my main activity though and while the development of recruits was crucial to increasing our effectiveness as a group my main focus was always on the bigger picture. Spend two hours training up a few new people then take them into battle and help them get a feel and learn from experience as soon as possible. Help would come in the form of pairing new recruits up with veteran members of the outfit who could do on the fly individual coaching in the middle of battle and make corrections or adjustments as needed. But by and large I worked with the recruits hands on until I got the jist from each individual that they knew what to do for the most part. The rest of their training was... well as Rex says, "In my experience, experience trumps everything."

While I am a returning player, and believe me I can see my own "rustyness", I do hope there is an outfit looking for a capable veteran player and that I'd fit their criteria. This game has made quite a lot of good memories in the past and I hope there's group looking to make plenty more.

Live free in the N.C. and thank you for your time,

Juraks