lol, nice April fools post

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OSruinedPS1, Apr 1, 2023.

1. OSruinedPS1

2. AuricStarSand

I laughed. Esp since a thread just asked for a VS 2 hand sword.
    I was just imagining how pissed off max mains would be if they got killed by 2 infils holding a sword. & then no ress. kek.

Jokes aside. I'd vote for 2 player weapons for infantry, mortars for starters.
  3. karlooo

I'd be much happier being killed by an infiltrator wielding a large blade, with a real animation rather than poking me with some kids toy. Speaking of knives, can the knife that damages heavy armor go to the deepest pits of hell and never come back?

IMO the only 2 player weapons should be Tanks (possibly other vehicles). Driver, gunner....And the driver would have to function as a commander as well. For Magrider design, the driver would have to be gunner and top gunner commander so essentially it can be operated by just one person, just as it is now, but I seriously I do not understand why this tank costs the same amount, as compared to TR's tanks. In the lore it is described as if TR uses the conventional ways of designing and manufacturing weapons, as it has been done for centuries because it is well engineered and ultimately allows them to massively produce the items, suitable for their type of armed forces.... I don't understand why the VS would have the same military production as TR because sure the Magrider design is printed out using the particles but it used a whole different type of ammunition based on alien technology, so they can't print that out as TR can print out standard ammunition and same with engine, it uses again alien technology. Also it is a bit weird as how the Magrider's gun is at the bottom of the tank lol, and if you ever faced the Magrider you'd notice that they do not actually have to expose their entire hull but can hide it and shoot through the ground.... This causes confusion cause logically based on the design you expect the tank to show it's entire hull for it to fire but no.... It's a weird design for sure.

Other than vehicles I cannot imagine anything else requiring 2 players as a must, for example mortars, howitzers guns should require teamwork for sure, for maximum efficiency. But 2 players operating it, I can't imagine it. You would need a bot following you around for something like that, as if you are playing an RTS.
  4. AuricStarSand

Ye would be tough to implement. Mortars someone would aim and the other person would figure the height of the shell. If not then one person aims and figures the range & the other person just enjoys dropping the shell to the barrel. If the bring the shell over to the barrel part is entertaining & the drop is swift.

Easier would be a trebuchet where as you give someone exp for loading the artillery and the other person fires.
    You'd have to really use your imagination for other examples, that entertain 2 people, without requiring a vehicle.
    It's not impossible, items for PS3.

2 person items aside. I just want some feature that helps pubs have allies who have the same class. So a feature that supports class crashes. I want to knife with a fellow knifer, without having to pm asking them. Something that highlights another friendly Infil and has a ui pub squad page that is made just for class crashes. However it isn't the pub squad page, it's a new page for class crash. That helps you highlight the few people who join, so you see them on the battlefield easier & they are of the same class per listing.

" Knifers only 4/4 " " Harasser drivers meet here 8/8 people " " Stairway Engi's join here 10/10 " " Max Crash main's 6/6 " " Medic Line followers 12/12 ". & theirs options for these modes, to list them with bigger letters. For the new page. So it's not some unoffical squad listing, it's a official set option for every class crash type. So people see these listings as official.

Then when you join these themed pub squads for class crashes, they have better highlights to find your allies. So you don't have to just look for a allied dot on the mini map. Maybe bigger names per squad member, than the regular pub squad page squads have. Maybe even with a new point system that only rewards you if you get proximity kills near with your class crash crew.

That way you see more engi's using engi walls together. More knifers knifing together. Harassers driving together & 10 other examples. Without having to lasso someone asking them with teamspeak, which doesn't work anyways, as I've never knifed with another knifer ever. & if you do you'd die at diff times and get split. So that's why a more vivid friendly highlight option would be best to keep ya'll together to tag team kills.