Lockons make no sense...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Levtech, May 9, 2014.

1. Levtech

Seriously, a lockon rocket is beating my dual jet engine racer/fuel tanks aircraft going at 350 KPH for about 5 seconds. WHY CAN WE NOT OUTRUN THESE THINGS AGAIN... :(
  2. Pikachu

Because the fly at a constant speed of 500.
    • Up x 1
  3. Verviedi

Step 1: Get flares.
    Step 2: Laugh at the peasants.
    Step 3. ???
    Step ;. Certs.
  4. IamnotAmazing

actually they're currently nerfed on test
  5. Linus

Lock on weapons are just an heresy in a cool game like PS2
    • Up x 1
  6. HellasVagabond

What doesn't make sense is that i hit a Liberator today with 4 A2A missiles and it still kept going...
    That aside do you know many aircraft today that can outrun anti-air missiles ?
  7. GaBeRock

because SOE wants the airgame made pay 2 win, since they weren't making enough money on the previous pilots who knew how to use noseguns. Notice how the two ESF lockons are 500 certs and 1000 certs respectively.
  8. lNeBl

if you were shooting it with your gun in between missiles, I cant imagine how it could possibly survive.
  9. AmbyValkrine

How are they nerfed 0.0, MUST HEAR ABOUT THIS.
  10. HellasVagabond

it's not easy to land many shots when they are firing both with the dalton and the rear gun at you.
  11. Tentakewls

It makes perfect sense to me. What makes no sense to me is a no skill flying tank that can kill infantry/air/ground and can only be countered by the same vehicle.
    • Up x 2
  12. IamnotAmazing

I thought they had nerfed the velocity of the g2a launchers, guess I was wrong, they still "feel slower" to me than compared to live

The a2a havn't been touched :(
  13. ColonelChingles

If your A2A or G2A missile can be outrun by the very thing that missile is meant to destroy, it's not a very good A2A or G2A missile.
    • Up x 4
  14. AmbyValkrine

Yes but spending certs and having a loadout SPECIFIC for outrunning missiles and still not being able to outrun them is ********.
  15. ColonelChingles

I think in general a SAM will always go much faster than the top speed of any fighter craft of equivalent technology level.

Mostly because there's not a pilot sitting in a SAM that will black out if it goes too quickly. :p
  16. Silkensmooth

Lock-ons are super lame. They ruin the game for me and for many others. End of story. Thanks for reading.
  17. Moz

Nope, Libs are superlame the lockons help a little with this problem but knowhere near enough.

IF they do something about Libs, then i will support a change to lock-ons.
    • Up x 1
  18. SmokeMcCloud

They did do something about libs a short while ago in the big liberator update.

It's just that they pretty much gave it a comprehensive set of upgrades unlike the ESF update....

But the thing is lock-ons work not only on libs but on every vehicle out there for very little effort on the part of the lock-on user. Also the lock-on is free... also the lock on is attached to an infantry man whom infinitely respawns in short time at no cost... also the lock on can work outside of ranges from which you will render for the vehicle you are locking onto (AKA you're the invisble man w/ a weapon that can't miss)... also the lock on launcher can run you as few as 250 certs and spits out lock-ons about about a 3 to 1 ratio against how slowly lvl 5 flares can reload... also the so called 145 degree missle break angle doesn't work, I still see missles pull on the spot reversals.

Now if they want to do something about lock-ons (IE make them work like the old "dumb trailing" lock-ons we had at launch) I think they would get alot of support from everyone who uses vehicles of any kind.
  19. Moz

You do realise that damage is sacrificed for lock on potential right? That more them makes up for the being "free". It will be very rare that you get taken out by one guy firing lockons (even in a ESF). If your in an ESF, you get locked and hit, then you get locked and hit again by the same guy........ YOU made a massive error.
    The fact of the matter is that the heavy firing said lockon is MASSIVELY exposed, to infantary, air and ground vehicles.

Your point about there being other vehicles, so? The lockons have to be an effective deterrant for the larger vehicles, in this case a lib (lets not even talk on gals). It takes a rediculous amount of AA rockets to take down a lib, what if they nerf those launchers more? The lib becaomes even more powerful!
    The issue could be with lockons, the problem is we cant comment on that at the moment because of how rediculously hard the lib is.
    After they sort out the lib and bring it in line with the rest of the game we can talk condusively on lockons, until then im sorry but your ESF isnt part of the issue. Infact if anything the lock ons need a buff against air targets in order to bring down libs.

Something has to be done with the G2A damage accross the board, out of everything in the whole air and anti air argument the lock on launchers are the VERY LEAST of our issues.
    • Up x 1
  20. Schwak

Implying 99% of liberators aren't free certs.