[Suggestion] Lockdown is underpowered ZOE is very overpowered and spits on faction traits.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ballto21

TLDR: Give TR ZOE and VS Lockdown

Lockdown is completely worthless. You stop moving and face one direction. I mean sure, you can kill nerds in a 180* arc in front of you, but youre exposed from above, behind, to the left, take it back now yall. You also cant crouch, and even without pissing bullets everywhere not locked down the TR max even with mercies is so inaccurate youre basically acting like a stormtrooper, unable to hit the broad side of a barn.

Not to mention it pisses on the TRs faction trait of speed. We have the fastest ESF, tank, (some of) the fastest firing weapons, everything about us is be fast. Not stand still, be fast.

Now ZOE is just ridiculous. You move faster in all directions, do a ****ton more damage per shot, and you have it on the smallest max hitbox. It's basically the orion of MAXes. ADADADADADADCADADADCADADADADADAD hitbox warping unlimited.

And it makes the max FASTER. I wonder where that has been heard before.

Oh yeah, its a TR trait for being fast little bunnies. Bunnies that can kill you. Like monty pythons rabbit, or SCP-524

Give the VS lockdown and us ZOE
    • Up x 1
  2. Ronin Oni

lmao I'd love to see this

8/8 GR8 B8 M8
    • Up x 2
  3. CorporationUSA

Lockdown would be better if the TR MAX had better long range AV weapons. But given that they don't, and that they added a new threat to maxes who stop moving(the archer), lockdown is pretty damn useless for anything other than AA nests.
  4. Pat22

Yes please.
  5. axiom537

NOOOO..... I'll gladly trade my shield for Lock-Down, anyone who says it is worthless is clueless and doesn't deserve it...
    • Up x 1
  6. AlterEgo

• Up x 1
  7. CNR4806

I'm fairly certain that swapping Lockdown and ZOE around, giving them to both factions or removing them from both factions would net no noteworthy change in gameplay behavior whatsoever, as both sides would still be using Charge.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

I just thought of something.....

LockDown Comets.

YES PLEASE!
    • Up x 1
  9. Jubikus

I thought lockdown shield and ZOE all kind of well sucked i mean sure other factions would like Lockdown so they can spam their OP as hell ravens even faster but thats not a lockdown issue thats a raven issue Tr dont have good av weapons maby if they give the fractures some Cyote since thats where they seem to be going with AV faction flavor if you look at the launchers anyways you have VS Velocity lazers and their max av weapon is Velocity lazers then you have NC guided rocket with their max weapons being Guided rockets then you have TR that have spamable rockets with Cyote to aircraft and then their max has well just spammable rockets.....................................WHERES MY CYOTE!
  10. Alan Kalane

ZOE OP? Well, that's a new thing.
  11. Obscura

How about give me jump jets in my max and you can keep the ZOE and Lockdown?
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

gr8 r8 b8 i 8/8 m8
    • Up x 1
  13. zuka7

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Dudeman325420

Fun Fact: Back in PS1 (when the VS MAX ability was jumpjets) TR MAXen were given a second ability in addition to Lockdown (which was a flat +100% RoF increase) called Overdrive which gave a +50% RoF increase without limiting movement because of how situationally effective Lockdown was.

I'm totally cool with VS MAXen getting a cert line for a weaker version of regular LA jumpets (1/2 speed, 4/5 total height) that replaces ZOE in exchange for TR MAX Lockdown getting a second toggle that cuts the bonus in half while allowing full movement.
  15. Thardus

Lockdown holds the line, and has a crazy rate of fire, fitting TR's thematic military trait, and mechanical high fire rate trait.

ZOE has a sacrificing trade-off, and increases move speed, fitting VS's thematic intelligence trait, and mechanical mobility trait.
  16. placeholder22

Lockdown? Aka being able to take out vehicles faster than 2/2 AV MBTs? And by the time someone's switched to an archer loadout you've already wrecked half an armor column? Yes please gimme gimme gimme.
  17. 0fly0

OMG that's a nice idea, i never use AI max so i can't care less about zoe, but i really want a lockdown comet max...
  18. Zombo

YES PLEASE give us lockdown instead of ZOE, PLEASE DO THIS xD

oh god i would love to see the look on your face after seeing how utter **** ZOE is HAHAHAHA

lockdown comet max? yes please
    lockdown AA max? OH GOD YES

ZOE right now is straight up worse for movement than a fully certed sprint ability, makes you extremely squishy against infantry, and only give damage bonus on low ranges