Lock ups and crashes since hotfix on 19th.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diamond Sword, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Diamond Sword

Ever since the small little hotfix patch on the 19th or 18th (pretty sure it was the 19th) I've been having random lock-ups and CTDs after 15-20 minutes of play and my task manager (when it locks up anyway) is showing the game using over 1 BILLION K of RAM.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dibola

3. ZombieRommel

Happening to me, too. Didn't happen before.
  4. DeltaRise

This has been happening to me too, but it also happened to me before the latest patch. I have posted in multiple threads about it, but hey, here's one more. Why not.
    My game runs at a constant 60FPS on medium settings (constant 45+ on ultra)
    Sometimes my game will crash when there's nothing going on, IE, at a friendly controlled base, I hit reload, and CTD.
    OR sometimes it will happen when there's a lot of math that the processor tries to do at once, lets say, high speed dogfighting or crashing into something with a plane, will sometimes cause a CTD.
    It happens a lot to me, thank god I have a really fast SSD so it takes less than 10 seconds to CTD, get back in game and spawn next the squad leader, but nevertheless, I wish the game was more stable on my computer.

EDIT: I tried disabling in-game voice, which made the game feel more robust and less crash-prone, but it still crashes from time to time, albeit less than before.
  5. shs/oiusodoff

that's been happening to me to and i also get very bad lag spikes where tanks and troops will float off or bounce around the area, iv also been getting flickering white screen every now and then. and the game locks up a lot and the only way out of it is to ctrl alt delete and close it down that way, The game was working fine till the last patch iv adjusted my in game setting to see if that helps but it dont... so far its almost unplayable
  6. Newskool

7. Aktarus

Same , didnt had any issue before the last update , but now im crashing at least once per hour is really annoying
  8. have2laugh

yeah Im back to this too. It was a problem in beta. then it got fixed. Then it was a problem on release, got fixed, got patched and became a problem again, then got fixed again and now we're back to memory leak crashes again.

Seriously SOE, surely its about time you finally got a handle on this. How many times are we going to keep going on this merry-go-round?
  9. willTell

Only happened to me today, but it is already the fourth time today.
    Game goes into slow motion, then sticks around 0 frames for a while.
    Sometimes it goes into the white flickering mode from there or completely freezes.

Never had those problems (except white flicker from time to time) - playing Esamir the whole day, so not sure if this doesn't happen on other conts.
  10. DerpyHooves

Ive been having this bullcrap since the 3gb patch early december. Game ran fine before then even though my graphics card isnt supported. My ram usage spikes to over 1billion as well but they claim its my graphics card when i sent a ticket. I am really calling BS on that as a graphics card does not cause your cpu to spike that much also I have no graphical issues. Its a memory leak on their end that they refuse to acknowledge. Double exp for some hell I cant even play for 3 minutes to get out of warpgate for exp.
  11. DeathDrakeIV

at least your able to get in game i launch the launcher and the button says playing and does nothing even after shutdowns and restarts so i can't even look at my toons, let alone get them exp
  12. have2laugh

Smedley responded on the issue a while back acknowledging that it's actually due to memory leaks, its nothing to do with your graphics card. mine does exactly the same (only my entire PC restarts too)
  13. DerpyHooves

then why is it that I am having go rounds with tech support and they swear its my graphics... looks like the right hand doesnt talk to the left.
  14. siriusx017

This just started happening for me about three hours ago, was fine this morning now I crash every ten minutes.
  15. Stigler

Same...... this started happening today to me nonstop (20-30 min) and I had not played a whole lot since last patch. I had had issues crop up during beta but resolved them through validation, drivers or settings, but this time I have validated files, updated current nvidia drivers and double checked my connection I have a steady 23 ping to server, yet I am getting weird warping, lag then ctd, and the flashing screen thing is back.

I have always had great FPS with ultra settings (50+). I remember one patch during beta this same thing happened then they fixed it soon after. Oh and one time I did notice that my mem use was very high like 5 gb.
  16. zuppers

Same problem.
  17. Epizeuxis

Yeah, I've been crashing to desktop every 10-20 minutes all day. Although I did have one decent run of about 30-45 minutes.

It hurts knowing that I can't make the most of the EXP Event going on, as I have a few things I want to cert out a bit more.
  18. Hobnail

Everyone do the right thing and submit a ticket, that way they have the data.

But seriously if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to miss 2xXP season and probably go back to Battlefield where I can game for more than 1-10 minutes at a time.
  19. HerbertKnivez

Or should you say memory-go-round. Hur hur
  20. Gammit

Same for me. Crashed twice tonight. That hasn't happened since alpha.