Loadouts not saving

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sumguy420, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Bertral

Bump.
    Since the removal of some attachments from the game, all 1st gen battle rifles are replaced with the default class weapon whenever switching continents. Removing attachments or re-equipping them doesn't fix this issue like it does for every other weapon.

It's been 3 years now.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings!
    Can you illustrate this happening on your screen? It can be helpful for us to analyze this issue further.

Thank you!
  3. Bertral

Here's what I demonstrate:
    • Log in with the AMR-66 visibly equipped on the character screen, but it's a TRAC-5 when I enter the game.
    • Remove all attachments and equip the AMR-66, then switch continents. It's replaced with a TRAC-5 again.
    • Re-equip all attachments, then swith continents. TRAC-5 again.
    • Redid the above on a vanu character with the Eidolon, each time replaced by a Solstice.
    So far we've figured out that:
    • Some people are having the same issue with the Warden, but only 1st gen battle rifles can't be fixed by removing old attachments.
    • ASP or not doesn't matter.
    • The chosen class doesn't matter: the 1st gen battle rifles are always replaced with the starter weapon.
    • This has been happening since some attachments were removed, invalidating loadouts that used them, but for some reason the whole battle rifle was invalidated permanently for some of us.
    • Up x 8
  4. JustGotSuspended

I'm gonna add to the mystery a bit with this video:

I tried testing for the bug because I never remembered encountering it before (granted I don't use BRs that much), but I didn't encounter any issues. Perhaps this is a character related issue?
    • Up x 2
  5. Bertral

That's right, not every character has it. You probably didn't have the old attachments equipped when the bug was introduced.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mithril Community Manager

Got it, thanks! Will let you know if I receive further updates on this matter.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sumguy420

i still have this bug. its because of this bug that i dont use the gen 1 battle rifles at all.
  8. Rikaelus

Sept 2021 and I'm having a problem even bigger than this (but Google only points towards more specific problems)
    My weapon choices aren't saving. Every time I shift zones I have to reset my rifle on three of my main class loadouts. And now even my fullscreen setting isn't saving -- which is probably an entirely different problem but this is really adding up to annoyance.
  9. Scientiarum

I can confirm this is a character related issue. Removing/unequiping all attachments does not fix the issue. I only have this on my older VS character. Eidolon is removed every game restart and every time I warp between continents. I am ASP, but it does not matter which class the loadout is on and it does not matter if it is in the primary or secondary slot on my medic. It always resets. It is my favorite weapons so I really hope this gets fixed.
    • Up x 1
  10. redhed666

It happens to me with my TR character. All my cloaker loadouts reset as soon as I switch to a different class. I don't even have to change continents.
  11. SupaFlea

I get this issue ALOT with the Emperor pistol, it always reverts back to the standard pistol when i switch loadouts or log in
  12. Jate

Bump. Certain weapons get reset to default ones for their loadout slot when logging in or changing continents.

The weapons I noticed this happening to are: Eidolon VE33, Warden, AMR-66, Darkstar, Gauss Prime, T1A Unity, NS-11CB, NS-11CP. Equipped attachments do not matter - a gun with no attachments on it gets reset to default just the same.

Also, when reequipping these "problem" weapons again, the set of attachments equipped on them earlier does persist. For example, an NS-11CP equipped with a 2x sight, a laser sight, and SPA, will get reset to a default carbine (or a shotgun, if it's 2nd slot) when going to a new continent, and when on that new continent, equipping NS-11CP again brings it back with all the attachments it had on the old continent.

A note on NS-11C carbine variants being reset - their assault rifle and light machine gun cousins seem to behave just fine (as in, do not reset; tested on NS-11AB & NS-11P ARs, NS-15M1 & NS-15MP LMGs).
  13. Grandizer

Happening to me on Darkstar. It was happening with Goose, it was unslotted until I put it back and now it "takes".

The Darkstar will not stay slotted no matter if I have 1 attachment or 4 and keeps happening every map change and log in.

This didn't happen until the last arsenal update
  14. lukenukeum

loadout slot #1 for my infiltrator was bugged, kept switching my main rifle. I put that laodout selection to #2, and chnaged my #1 to something else and it stopped.